Chapter 11

****LEAHS POV****

It was so nice to see him again. His hair, his eyes, his smile.

I stopped myself.

No. I thought. You have a boyfriend back in New York, you can't do this again.

"What are you doing here?" Cam asked me.

"I just came back to uh visit some old friends and family." He nodded.

"How's school?"

"Oh it's great, well besides the fact that I have to actually go." We laughed. He had a cute laugh.

Leah, stop it.

I sighed. "Well I'm gonna catch back up with my parents. Maybe we can do something tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow sounds great," he smiled. But it wasn't his real smile, I could tell.

I waved goodbye and got into the rental car. "Bye!"

"Bye!" He waved back and we drove away.

5 minutes later my phone buzzed. It was my boyfriend back in NY, Lucas.

LUCAS: Hey babe:) how's Cali? Miss you can't wait for u to come back home<3

ME: Awe thanks baby:) miss u 2<3

I put away my phone and fell asleep in the car on the way to the hotel. We were gonna be there for a week so my parents let me have my own hotel room. I got settled in and got ready for bed. Oh shoot. I hadn't given Cameron my number. I quickly got out my phone and tweeted it to him, with the off chance that he would read it. I got bundled up in the blankets and fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning to my phone ringing. 'Unknown Caller' I answered it, my voice hoarse given I had just woken up.

"Hello?" I yawned.

"Hey, uh this is Cameron," that perked my right up.

"Oh hi! This is Leah," I smiled to myself.

He laughed. "I thought so, I got your tweet last night."

Oh he got it. Score! "Oh I didn't think you would!"

"Well I did!" I could just picture him smiling right now. Leah, stop it. I reminded myself.

"So wanna hang out today?" He asked.

"Oh yes! That sounds like fun!"

"Alright, wanna go to the mall?"

"Mmhh," I hadn't been there in forever.

"Great! I'll meet you there!"

Okay. Bye!" I hung up first.

I fell out of bed (literally) and headed for the shower. I took a long one just to rejuvenate myself from the flight. It was winter and even though we were in California, it could still get kinda cold. I did my makeup, braided my hair and put on a cute outfit. My 'OOTD' was a pair of long yoga pants and a maroon colored jacket, paired with some brown uggs.

I told my parents I was leaving and then took the car to the mall. I met Cameron at the food court.

"Hey there," I waved and walked up to him.

"Hey!" He waved back.

We shopped around for a little bit and then headed over to the food court. We both got some pizza and went over to sit down.

I rested my elbows on the table. "So, how's life?"

He shrugged. "Eh, it's alright, you?"

"Pretty good." We ate the rest of our food in silence, well I mean besides everyone else who was screaming in the mall, it was silent.

My phone rang. It was Lucas. I think Cam saw who it was because his smile faded. "Boyfriend, huh?" I nodded and answered the phone. "Hey babe," he said. "Hi honey," I replied. After 5 minutes Cam looked annoyed so I hung up.

"You didn't have to do that for me."

"Do what?"

"Hang up."

"Who said I did it for you?"

He raised an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes. Suddenly a pack of girls surrounded him.

"I better go," I said and gathered my things.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'll text you later."

"Bye!" I waved. He might have waved back, but I couldn't see it because of all the girls around him.

I drove back home.