Chapter 8

****CAMERONS POV (present day)

I shook my head. "No, i-it couldn't have been Taylor," I looked back at her and she nodded. I kept shaking my head. No. No. I released her and got up and began throwing things across my room. Things were breaking, my things were scattered all over the floor.

"Cameron!" Leah shouted. I turned toward her with a pillow in my hand, breathing heavily. "Cam," she got up and walked over towards me. I had dropped the pillow and my fists were clenched. She put her gentle hands on my shoulders, calming me down. My breathing returned to normal and she brushed the back of her hand across my cheek. "It's okay," she cooed. "I'm alright now."

"No you're not , Leah..." I walked over to my bed and sat down. I buried my head in my hands. "This is all my fault," she shook her head. "No, no Cameron it's nobody's fault it's oka-" I interrupted her. "Leah! It's my fault! It's my place I was gone, I should have taken you with me, sent you with someone..."

She kept shaking her head. "No, it's not. You're over reacting Cam."

The next thing I did was going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I was never going to forget it. I don't know what came over me. This was the worst decision of my life.

I hit her.

I hit her arm, and it was hard. She flinched and began to cry. I didn't do anything, I just sat there in shock of what I had just done. She got up and ran out of the room. I smacked myself on the forehead and ran my fingers through my hair, shaking my head. I stood up and began to pace the floor. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I hated myself. I hated myself so much. There was no way I could ever forgive myself for that. I never would.

10 minutes later I slowly made my way down stairs. Leah was sitting outside on the back porch. I leaned on the door frame.

"I'm so so sorry," I said softly. She turned up and looked at me. I sat down next to her. Not too close.

"Leah, I'm so sorry I never should have done that. I will never forgive myself. And I could never forgive myself, I hate myself for that, I disgust my self. I am so broken inside. Nothing will ever be worse than what I had just done upstairs." She was watching me with sad eyes, but she was slightly shaking her head. "I can't believe I did that, I-I just don't know what came over me I just-" the next thing she did surprised me. I did not see it coming. Not to say I didn't like it of course.

She kissed me.

It was sweet and simple. Her lips were soft and gentle. I put my hands on her back and her arms were wrapped around my neck. She pulled away and rested her forehead on mine. Then we just sat there for about an hour. Watching the sunrise. Her head was rested on my shoulder and my arm was wrapped around her. Nothing was going to break us apart now.