The Birds and The Bees

Cian's POV

I had snuck down to the kitchens, sitting outside the door.

"I went too far... I scared him," Aaron whispered brokenly. I bit my lip, silently crying.

He didn't scare me at all!

Mate would never hurt!

If only I wasn't gross

You aren't! Maybe that was supposed to happen...

I just shook my head, not wanting to talk about it again. I had immediately taken a shower, confused why the color of the sticky stuff was a clearish white and not a liquidy yellow, before changing into pajamas.

"Come on man, maybe it was something else!" Sam trying to get his best friend out of his funk.

"You don't understand Sam!" Aaron standing quickly. I hugged myself, hating how hurt Aaron sounded, knowing I'm the one that caused that.

"You didn't see the look in his eyes! You didn't see- he can't even tell me-!" Aaron growled, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Have you even talked to him? Cindy said his writing has gotten better so maybe-"

"I yelled at him Sam! My wolf and I got frustrated because I thought we had moved forward but I must have gone too far and now I'm probably back to where he'll keep his distance from me and now Nuntis is freaking out! I'm freaking out!"

"People yell Aaron! Give your mate the benefit of the doubt that you would never hurt him!"

"You just don't understand Sam! If you had a mate-"

"I have a mate," Sam snapped. I suddenly grew shocked, peeking into the kitchen, my heart twinging seeing Aaron looking angry and pale with his arms crossed over his chest. Aaron snorted, rolling his eyes with his head following the motion before looking at Sam.

"What!?" Sam crossing his own arms.

"You've heard the stuff about her since our packs have had an alliance. She seems so unlikely as a mate it's laughable."

"Shut your mouth! She's my mate! My nose doesn't lie!"

"Dude... all I'm saying is my gut says something is wrong."

"Well fuck you too!" Sam growled, shoving past Aaron. Aaron gaped at his friend. He was about to apologize before Sam stumbled into the counter.

"Sam!" Aaron gasped, holding his friend up.

"I'm fine," Sam covering his hand over his eyes, "just dizzy."

"Shit man. Come on, I'm taking you to the Doc."

I hurried up the stairs, worried for Sam and guilty for the trouble I caused my mate. I lied down in the bed in the room Aaron had put me in when he had taken me out of the cage. I was pretty sure he wouldn't want me near him either.

It had already been two days without my mate near me and my heart hurt. I whined into my pillow before stuffing my head under it. There was suddenly a knock on my door. I peeked out from my pillow, realizing it was super late at night.

"Luna? It's Doctor Alan. I'm going to come in Okay? If you want me to leave just point at the door."

It was another second before I heard the door open, the quick footsteps of the doctor were recognizable with the slight scrape of the right toe of the shoe scratching the floor.