Trust Issues

Cian's POV

The day the little girl was taken away, something weird happened. I was petrified when I saw four pairs of huge feet in front of my cage. I was already on the verge of passing out, everything starting to go blurry.

I got the sudden wiff of rain and wild honeysuckle before the most beautiful person I've ever seen, squatted down in front of my cage. His eyes were a deep wild blue. That's the last thing I saw before passing out with Sköll screaming 'Mate!'

I think it's been a few days and Sköll is very sad. I am too because Sköll said mates protect and love with all of their hearts. I desperately wanted that.

I whimpered brokenly, seeing a pair of feet stutter in front of my cage, before walking on.

So far they're the nicest people I've met compared to the Hunters and my Father. Besides the one punch to my ribs, I wasnt hit again and they gave me way better scraps. I didn't touch the food cause I've learned that the hard way with the hunters. I'd hear a deep sigh every time they took the plate away; it still had food on it from the day before.

Sometimes I'd hear the guards talk about an Alpha someone or Luna something; whatever that was. I did figure out that rogues were bad and mean wolves though! I just wish they didn't see me like that too.

I was so very tired before Sköll went bananas, me and him both smelling the rain and honeysuckle suddenly.

Mate mate mate! Our mate is here!

Does that mean he doesn't reject us?

Sköll said it was the saddest thing to happen to a werewolf so I was super scared. I saw a callused hand unlock the cage hurriedly it seemed, the cage door swinging open.

A large hand reached into my cage making me petrified. The second the hand touched my chest, sparks suddenly went through my body making me gasp at the best feeling in the whole world! I was suddenly lifted and pressed against a comfy chest, but was too scared to open my eyes.

Mate won't hurt!

Are you sure?

Sköll quieted down at that, scared too. As far as I could tell, we were headed out of the yucky smelling place before I heard quiet whispers everywhere, and then my mate headed up stairs I think.

I heard a door click open before feeling a comfy blanky under me.

I opened my eyes seeing deep blue eyes gazing into mine. The man before me was down right the most beautiful person ever. He had messy blonde hair and tan skin and was muscular. Power radiated from him making me tremble. His scent was soothing and I wasn't as scared as I thought I'd be.

"Um, do what you want, but stay here," my mate said softly, "you will be on probation until their is an agreement to release you from it," my mate spoke with an edge to his voice.

Pro...what? I never got past fifth grade reading since momma home schooled me. He was looking everywhere but at me before nodding to himself I think.

"Food will be brought up later so, yeah," the man's eyes suddenly gazed into mine and my tummy did a weird flip flop. My heart actually sped up when his cheeks turned pink. I giggled mentally at that. He cleared his throat before quickly leaving.

I fell asleep slowly in the room, automatically suspicious. My body hurt too much and I was too tired before I ended up falling asleep. It was the most comfortable blanky I've slept on ever! Even if I was on the floor.

When I woke up next, the sun was pretty low on the horizon with its oranges and purples as I looked out the large window in the room. I yawned, carefully walking around the room.

The Lost Soulजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें