Chapter 17

Extremely happy to announce that Phir Bhi ranked #24 in Short Story category 😄 Keep commenting and voting if you guys want good ranks 😉

Inline comments please..

Nandini's Pov

I was going to my room when Cabir came in front of me suddenly.

"I know.." he stated all of a sudden

"Huh?"

Was the door open? Did he see us kissing..??Oh No Aiyappa..The word kissing made my cheeks red as tomato...Please Cabir don't embarrass me by saying that you saw us kissing..

"I know you love Manik and he loves you too..I even know you both were together few minutes before..."

Shit he saw us kissing.. Aiyappa 😣

"How do you know that Manik loves me...? And wh-what do you m-mean by you know we were together few minutes before?"

"Relax Nandini... It's just that I saw Manik pulling you into a room..and then I left giving you some privacy...I didn't hear your conversation..."

Thank you Aiyappa!! You saved me from further embarrassment...But hearing his giggles I was sure he knew something happened...😒

"And I'm Manik's friend..so I know that he still loves you..."

"Ohh..."

"And Alya isn't Manik's wife"

"Yeah Manik told me that accidentally..But do you know the reason why Manik lied?"

"No..I don't.."

"But you're Manik's friend right?"

"Of course I am..But Manik didn't even accept his love in front of me, reason I am myself clueless about it..But I know my friend from childhood..I know there must be a major reason otherwise he wouldn't have hidden it from me..I even know that he loves you though he pretends to the world that he doesn't...So Nandini I want you to find the reason behind all this."

"But Cabir...How can I..? He's not ready to accept it..He just blurted out and I came to know that he isn't married to Alya.."

"I'll help you...Take these keys...And here's the address.. It's not that far off from here."

He handed me a bunch of keys.

" Okay but Keys?"

"Yeah his apartment keys..."

" So he owns an apartment in India..? When did he buy?"

"Three years ago...Nandini there's less time for your wedding to Aryamann...I just want you to go there and read his diary.."

"Diary?"

"Yes he writes everything in his diary so I am sure you will get your answers there...Hurry up please..."

"What if Manik comes there?"

"He won't..I saw him going somewhere.. I'll inform you where is he...And I think you should meet him after knowing the reason..."

"Yeah of course I'll meet him..Just text his location.. Anyway I must go..See you Cabir.."

"See you Nandini..."

***********

Navya- "Cabir..what happened?"

Cabir-" Manik and Nandini had a chat and now Nandini knows that Manik's not married."

Navya- "So now what?"

Cabir- "I gave her Manik's apartment keys so that she could read his diary..I am sure Manik must have written it there.."