Chapter 3

Give inline comments please....

(Check the media box for the song..Just imagine Manik performing there but with a smaller group of audience)

The performance is scheduled at 5pm..

Oh Naadaan Parindey ghar aaja

Ghar aaja Ghar aaja Ghar aaja aa aa

(Manik enters the stage...And starts singing in his melodious voice with the audience hooting for him...)

Kyun desh-bidesh phire maara
Kyun haal-behaal thaka haara
Kyun desh-bidesh phire maara
Tu raat-biraat ka banjara
O Nadan Parinde ghar aaja
Ghar aaja Ghar aaja Ghar aaja aa aa
Naadan Parinde ghar aaja
Sau dand badan pe phele hain
Har karam ke kapde mele hain

(Hereafter Manik closes his eyes and strums the guitar hard with numerous scenes flashing in his brain...He sees himself {grown up Manik} running across the streets in search of a home...a home where he can get peace of mind...He is running across different streets and lanes of Nainital... Finally he spots someone...He sees his mother...He runs towards her but stops in between..her mother is in a bad condition with blood oozing out of her head...then Manik sees his mother carrying his younger version when he was just a few days old...she hands his younger version to a lady..and leaves..He runs  towards the retreating figure of his mom only to be engulfed by darkness...{These are the haunting nightmares that Manik has almost everyday})

Kaate chahe kitna paro se hawao'n ko
Khud se naa bach paayega tu
Tod aasmano ko
Phook de jahaano ko
Khud ko chhupa naa payega tu
Koi bhi le rasta tu hai tu le hasta
Apne hi ghar aayega tu

O Naadaan 
O Naadaan parindey ghar aaja
Ghar aaja Ghar aaja Ghar aaja aa aa
Naadaan Parindey ghar aaja

(Another scene follows the first one... Now Manik finds himself in a room with photographs of his mom from different phase of her life being pasted everywhere..Next he hears a song sung by a female and goes in search of the voice...He finds his mom playing the piano...He is happy to see his mom ...A broad smile escapes his lips and he runs to her finding his home in front of him...As soon as he goes to back hug her...the figure of his mom fades away in a second...And Manik stands there in tears)

Kaaga re kaaga re mori itni araj tose
Chun chun khaaiyo maans
Kaaga re kaaga re mori itni araj tose
Chun chun khaaiyo maans

Re jiya re khaaiyon na tu naina mor
Khaaiyon na tu naina mor
Hai piya ke milan ki aas
Khaaiyon na tu naina mor
Hai piya ke milan ki aas

O Naadaan 
O Naadaan parindey ghar aaja
Ghar aaja Ghar aaja Ghar aaja aa aa

(Next his eyes see a ray of light crisscrossing his vision...A  girl beckons him to follow her...He only sees her hand..He follows her in a spur of moment...He runs past tall concrete buildings...Apart from the hand now the face of the girl is faintly visible... she looks like an angel beckoning a broken heart to help meet his  peace of mind...She enters a wood and stops before a hut made of leaves and flowers...She beckons him to enter the hut...Manik follows her spellbound...She makes him sit on a bed of flowers...She hugs him and pecks his forehead..Manik sees the doe eyed  beauty for the first time..He is mesmerized by her angelic face...He puts his head on her lap and seems to finally find his home and peace of mind in that girl's lap...The girl rocks him to sleep.. and few mintues later she signals him to hug her ...He is about to hug her when she fades away with bouts of her invisible laughter echoing in the background... Just then Manik opens his eyes ....)