| chapter fifteen |

' i'll fulfil your darkest desires '

"COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE~" A sing-song voice rang throughout the dark and empty room

Heels tapped against the wooden floor, the sound echoing around the dark room, alerting the owner of the house that somebody was here.

"Daniel, I know you're here~" Eleanore called for her brother, her eyes scanning for even a slight movement and locked on a box once she heard the wood behind it squeak.

"Daniel~" Her voice was sinister, and her eyes were red, black veins were showing under her eyes.

The man sighed behind the box and stood up, taking a step outwards and walking up to his beloved sister.

Fear travelled in Daniels' veins, but it never made it to his muscles or skin. His complexion remained pale and matt, his eyes steady.

"What do you want, Eleanore?" Daniel was keeping his innocent facade up, pretending that he wasn't conspiring against her and trying to locate the people she cares for.

"Heard you found a mate," Eleanore answered, and Daniel froze, his heart speeding up as the worst possible thoughts filled his brain. "So I just had to see who it was and man is she a screamer."

"What did you do to her?" Daniel gritted out, his fists clenched at his sides.

"Nothing, she's at her apartment. So don't worry." Daniel let out a relieved breath. He knew that no vampires or any supernatural beings could enter the apartment or anybody without the permission of Marissa herself and Daniel knew she didn't invite strangers in.

"Okay, then want are you doing here?" He asked, an innocent smile on his face while Eleanore copied his action.

"Well, it's the twentieth of May."

"So?"

"It's your birthday." Eleanore rolled her eyes before handing him a wrapped box. Daniel took it and rose a brow.

He did not know why his sister was giving him a present yet alone how she remember it was his birthday. After he killed her best friend and placed her heart in a box, he thought she wanted nothing to do with her. "Go on, open it."

Daniel complied and ripped the wrapping paper apart only to find a very, very familiar box. His eyes widened, and he opened it just to see a heart coated with blood.

"What did you do!" He snarled as he realised what had happened, his mind finally working.

Eleanore grinned sinisterly as she watched her brother fall down to his knees, his heartbreaking as he looked at the heart of his now dead mate.

"I promised myself revenge, and here it is. Now you know how I feel." She turned on her heel, walking out the door when she was thrown onto the floor, her brother above her.

Lifting her feet up, Eleanore kicked her brother back, sending him flying in the air and crashing into s few boxes.

Daniel glared at his sister and lunged to her, only for him to crash into her arm which went through his skin and inside him. She felt him wrap her long fingers around his beating heart.

"You want to be with her?" Daniel nodded, a whimper leaving his mouth.

"Yes." Eleanore sighed and smiled at him. Daniel felt happiness fill him as he thought his sister would bring his mate but how wrong he was.

"Very well." Eleanore ripped out his heart, dropping it carelessly and watched with stone cold eyes as he turned grey and fell to the ground, just like John. "Now you two can be together."