| chapter four |

' the sun looms over me like a hawk,
watching my every move '

WAKING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING is the worst thing in the whole universe; however, waking up early in the morning with your mates cuddling into your sides is slightly better

WAKING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING is the worst thing in the whole universe; however, waking up early in the morning with your mates cuddling into your sides is slightly better. I sighed in content, enjoying the feeling of sparks travelling throughout my body as a warm feeling engulfed me. Leaning to the front, I snuggled my face into the pillow.

Just because I have my mates with me, it doesn't mean I enjoy waking up early in the morning for no reason at all. I shoved my face in the pillow and let out a purr of affection as a cold hand brushed through my hair. If your thinking I'm acting like a cat then you are correct.

Fact of the day:

Cats sleep 12 to 16 hours a day.

So when I die, I want to come back as a cat so I can sleep a lot and not be disturbed. Like why can't I do that? It's unfair.

A whine bubbles out of me as the hand left my hair. I was enjoying it. Raising my head, I saw Jasper looking at me with golden eyes that held both amusement and love. I rolled my eyes before falling limp in the bed.

I lifted my right hand, the hand close to Jasper, and wrapped my finger around his wrist, bringing it to my head. He let out a laugh but complied to my silent order. I let out another purr, enjoying the feeling of his cold fingers running through my, now, straight brown hair.

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" I nodded, happily. I could feel the happiness float off me in waves, and I knew Jasper could feel it. Even if he didn't have powers, I'm pretty sure he would be able to sense it. I was about to say something when the door was slammed open.

Alerted, I jumped from the bed and stood in front of Jasper, protectively. I glared at the big buff guy with brown hair and golden eyes that held mischief. I hissed at him before pinning him to the wall.

"What do you want?" A growl crawled out of my throat, and the bigger vampire gulped, a shiver of fear rolling down his spine as my eyes darkened in colour.

"Eleanor." I hummed as I looked back at Jasper. "Leave him alone. He just came to say breakfast was ready."

"Oh." I let go of him before taking a step back and smiling. "Sorry. I'm not a morning person." He laughed, saying it was fine before leaving downstairs. I then walked back to bed and dived under the duvet.

"Why are you doing?" He asked.

"Taking over the world. What does it look like?" I replied. He glared at me, unamused. I rolled my eyes before grabbing his hand and pulling him down.

I quickly placed my head on his chest, liking the cold feeling of his body as I was putting on all my weight onto him. I loved it when it was cold so having Jasper or Alice with me in bed was a good thing. I could cuddle with them, and instead of sweating, like usual, I would be nice and cold. I enjoy that feeling.

"Just sleep with me. I'm still tried." I pleaded, enjoying his company. He sighed but obliged, secretly happy I asked. I rolled my eyes but nonetheless said nothing.

"Do you ever miss sleeping?" I asked, curiously. If I were to change, then I would surely miss sleeping. He nodded. "Poor you. Sleeping is like the best thing ever." I said.

"You know that doesn't help."

"What doesn't help?"

"The whole thing about how sleep is an awesome thing."

"It's not supposed too." I let out a laugh which caused him to pout, sulking. I rolled my eyes

"Oh, stop pouting."

He glared at me, but I didn't care and went back to try and sleep. Keyword try. The door was slammed open, and my instincts took over. I bolted up and sat up, protectively covering Jasper.

"Foods ready." A blonde girl said, rudely. I rolled my eyes and went back to laying on Jasper.

"I said we'd come down in a bit. I'm tired." I said, sleepily. She looked like she was about to say something when she stopped and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Again, I rolled my eyes for like the tenth time this morning. I laid back down on Jasper, head on his chest and my legs tangled with his.

"I swear to god that the next time one of you come back in, I will rip their limps apart, piece by piece then burn them all, making that person watch." I threatened. He laughed but noted it down, warning Edward because he knew I wasn't lying.

We stayed there for at least another five minutes until I felt my body shutting down, my eyes fluttering shut as Jasper's soothing voice sent me into a deep, peaceful sleep.

"Go to sleep, Darlin'."