Liars and Killers

Start from the beginning

"Don't fight me like last time." Natasha rolled her eyes and held it in front of Clint's mouth. Her teammate just looked at her. "Open, Hawkeye." 

"I'll make sure to throw up on you first after surgery." Natasha took the time to shove the device in his mouth. She then sat down next to him. "And I'll make sure they destroy your ability to talk."

Clint rolled his eyes, then looked at Laura. "Where are the kids?" He asked, holding on to the thermometer so it wouldn't fall out of his mouth. Lincoln took it out once the little device beeped.

"I wasn't allowed to bring them here, but you'll see them once you're home and recovering." Laura smiled softly. She had to leave with an agent immediately after for safety reasons, plus she had to have a consultation with Fury about Clint's future as an agent.

Lincoln looked at Natasha and Laura as he stood up and put his supplies away. "He's healthy. I can prep him now." He grabbed the IV tube and needle, then the solution bag. He handed the bag to Natasha, then wiped the area on Clint's hand where the needle would be placed. 

Clint was silent for a moment until Lincoln picked the needle up and prepared to slide it into a vein. "You want me to die on that table, don't you? Hell, it would be better than being send to the Raft afterwards. No one made the call to tell Laura that I'm now an enemy to the Avengers...well, to Tony..." He winced when the needle was placed. 

"That's classified, Barton, I'm sorry." Lincoln discarded the trash and left the room. Natasha kissed Clint's cheek before giving him one final look, then disappearing with Lincoln.

21 Days

He couldn't accept this.

After three minutes of lying down and watching the solution drip down into his vein, Clint had had enough. Groggy, he sat up and yanked the needle out of his hand. A small amount of blood trickled out of the puncture wound, but not enough for him to care.

Every room in Shield had an emergency firearm hidden inside, even in the observation rooms. Not caring that he was feeling the effects of the anesthetic, Clint got out of bed and searched high and low for the hidden firearm. He finally ducked down and found it pinned against the underside of the table. 

He pulled the gun out and hid it in the waistline of his scrub pants. Clint perked up when he heard footsteps and the squeaking wheels of a stretcher coming down the hall. The archer got back into bed and grabbed the discarded IV needle, still attached to its tube. He stuck the needle through his new patient ID band, then pulled a blanket up around him to hide the gun and severed IV line.

Dr. Spark Plug, as Clint now referred to him as, came in with Natasha and a Shield nurse he didn't recognize. "Tired yet, Barton?"

"Getting there." Clint faked a yawn, pulling the blanket tighter around him. Natasha came over and helped him out of bed and onto the stretcher. He knew Natasha wanted to cry, but she never cried in front of people she didn't trust. Natasha just looked away.

21 Days

Clint felt more at ease when he felt the gun still tucked under the elastic waistline of his pants. Simmons was waiting for him once they reached Shield's small operating room. She walked over to him and pulled the blanket down away from his chest to place the monitor stickers on him. "Ready, Barton? This is somewhat like the time you barely pulled through surgery after that gunshot wound two years ago, remember that?"

"Great time..." Clint rolled his eyes, then began to panic when Lincoln firmly held the plastic mask over his mouth and nose. He had less than two minutes before he passed out. He had to act quickly. 

Hawkeye began to fight against them, reaching up and trying to force the mask away from his face. It was all a blur. His next act was to pull the gun out, kick the blanket off, and force himself into an immediate sitting position. He aimed the gun at the doctors still in the room, then began to fire.

Lincoln, Jemma, and the rest of the Shield personnel in the room ducked for cover as Clint took fire. He shot down lights, destroyed computers, and kicked over the cart full of the different surgical tools they were about to use on him. He jumped down off the table, but immediately ducked when Lincoln shot an electrical current at his head. He ripped the patient band off, then hurried out of the room, gun still in his left hand. 

The alarms started blaring and the lights turned red. 

Clint ducked into the people-less lost and found room as Shield security searched everywhere for him. His heart beat one hundred miles per hour as he racked his brain to find an escape plan. He could hide in the vents! well, Shield knew where his hiding places were. 

He had to get back to the tower.

21 Days

Red Nails smiled at the computer screen, seeing that Clint was on the run once again. He's still in New York, weaponless and without a friend." She sighed and looked at the facility's highly regarded agent. "Are you ready, Agent Barton?"

Barney Barton dropped his bow and quiver on the table, then picked up his shotgun, locked and loaded. He slowly looked up at her with a glare in his eyes. "As I'll ever be."

"And do you remember what your mission is?"

"End the program early and kill my little brother." 

I hope you guys liked this chapter. And thank you so much for your support, votes, and reads! I don't know when exactly this story will end, but the Barney Barton problem may be one of the very last problems Clint faces. Along with the finale stuff...which I'm also excited about. 

And this story made 7.5K views! I'm so happy about that and I'd just like to say thank you again!