Captured

The clock is ticking.

9 days.

23 hours.

52 minutes.

Supposed time of death: the 21st day

Clint stared up at the dark ceiling for a moment before forcing himself to get out of bed and stand next to Natasha. He was shaky on his feet and felt lightheaded. Natasha immediately turned her head toward him, her short red hair hitting her cheek as she moved. The assassin placed her hand on Clint's shoulder and gently, yet forcedly, attempted to push him back down on the hospital bed. 

Fury, accompanied by three Shield agents with guns trained on the two-person Strike team, walked into the dark room. Fury sighed heavily, "Agent Romanoff, step away from Agent Barton. This isn't your problem."

"If you haven't noticed, Clint has always been my problem. I'm not leaving him. He was a hostage..."

"We're taking Barton back to the Underground

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"We're taking Barton back to the Underground. Simmons and Campbell will oversee his recovery. Campbell is one of those inhuman types, and he'll fry Barton's insides if he doesn't show any cooperation. Those two will be participating in getting Barton back to his old self, so hand him over, Natasha."

Natasha turned her head and looked at Clint, who gave her one look of dissatisfaction before forcing himself to walk to the middle of the room. Once his eyes fell back on to Fury, the operatives accompanying him switched the safety off their guns. 

"It would be the perfect time for them to kill me for you." Clint swallowed a lump in his throat as he tried to keep from screaming and attacking them. 

"Give up, Barton." An agent approached him, but Clint, being a highly trained assassin, knocked the gun out of his hands, broke his right arm, and threw him against the wall  all within a matter of seconds. Hawkeye then straightened up and faced Fury. "Try again." he slowly smirked at the director and glared.

21 Days

The facility's programmer watched their target through the Avenger Med Bay security cameras, and one of the doctor's stood behind him, watching over his shoulder.

"We're speeding up the program. Activate the chip again and kill Director Fury." Clint's Dominion surgeon ordered the programmer. "It's now or never, then bring him back here. I need to do a tune up. I'll be prepping for surgery." The doctor walked away, hands behind his back.

The programmer  sighed and typed in the commands for the microchip inside of Clint's head. "Why are we wasting our time with this Avenger? Couldn't we get like Iron Man or someone who doesn't launch arrows for a living?" he mumbled to himself as he typed away.

21 Days

As Clint stalled Fury and the other Shield agents, his brain rushed to find an escape situation that would result in as few deaths as possible. An agent shot at his shoulder, but a sudden sharp pain in the archer's head forced him down on the floor before the bullet could graze him.