Reprogrammed

(Feel like reading a Dystopian Avengers story? Check out my new story "War Torn" if you want to. The prologue is out and I will update the story as soon as possible, along with others. :)

Guards surrounded Clint before he even had the chance to make her gasp for air.

He didn't remember anything after he was tazed in his rib cage and dropped to the cold hard floor.

Two guards grabbed him and lifted him up by his arms. Clint felt his body shift to the side as a guard turned to face Red Nails.

"Is now a good time to take him?" Clint felt his arms slowly growing cold as the circulation drained out of them.

"Prep him, wipe him, then start his life over," Red Nails growled, rubbing the red marks on her neck.

Clint didn't take in his surrounding as he was forced to his feet and dragged in between the two guards to the designated room.

"You're sick monsters," Clint growled under his breath, glancing up at the guards. That only got him a spinal punch.

"Shut up, Barton!" One guard growled. He adjusted his hold on Clint as he swiped his ID card in front of a door.

The archer frowned at the door, nervous about what was going to be done to him. He started squirming more once the door slid open and they dragged him through.

"I don't see why I have to be your murderer. You can't make me kill my team. Bucky Barnes had to kill Cap, but he snapped out of it at the last minute."

"Bucky Barnes wasn't held here. And the project was a fail. It backfired," the red haired guard explained as they turned Clint around and strapped him into a cold reclined chair toward the back of the small grey room.

"You won't get away with this." Clint growled at the guards.

"We're not here to do the job. We brought you to the people who will." He motioned to the doctor who had preformed Clint's first operation.

Clint pulled against the restraints as the doctor pushed him back and set a thick band around his forehead.

"Any last words, Barton?" The doctor asked with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, is this gonna hurt?" Clint asked flatly as he pulled against the restraints.

"You'll be unconscious from the shock, so I don't expect you to be awake during the wiring process." The doctor pushed a button, and everything went dark to Clint.

21 days.

When the archer woke up, everything was a blur and his ears were ringing.

He was in a different room, lying on a semi-comfortable bed with a blanket around him. The man sat up in bed and pushed the blanket off before getting up. He walked over to a small stack of folded up clothes on a table in the corner.

Clint pulled off his thin shirt and replaced it with the thick grey shirt that was provided for him. He then slipped on the leather jacket and replaced his thin scrub pants with the black cargo pants. He slid each weapon laying out in the designated pockets and straps of his new clothes.

He strapped a customized quiver full of arrows on to his back, then picked up his bow. Clint turned around to face the door when it slid into the wall.

Red Nails smirked at him from the entrance, then walked in. "You look presentable."

"What do you need me to do?" Perfect soldier; perfect robot.

"I'll let the doctor know the procedure worked." She placed a black beanie on Clint's head. Clint's hair had been cropped super short again and a thin scar ran across his scalp. The art of technology.

"What's my mission?" The archer asked in monotone.

"You leave right away." She walked past him and straightened up his bed. "Your mission?" She turned around to face him once more. "To kill the Avengers."

You'll know more about his mission soon and how the twins become a big part of this. I can't give anything away, but I will be updating more since it's Christmas break now. :)

No flames please. Sorry for any mistakes.