Operate

Everything was hot.

The darkness faded away and an image of a blank ceiling came before him. Everything was slightly shaking. Clint tilted his head back to see a man dressed in combat gear standing over him with a gun. The man's green eyes glanced down, looked at Clint's wrists, and smirked.

Clint struggled to sit up, only to find out a leather strap was across his chest and his wrists were handcuffed to the rails of the gurney he was on. Hawkeye thrashed his head back and arched his back.

His actions only amused the guard.

"Nice try, Hawkeye." The man rolled his eyes and flicked the safety latch on his gun off.

"Tell me why I'm here!" Clint growled, pulling at the restraints again. His body crashed back against the gurney, making it rattle.

The guard steadied the gurney before slapping Clint across his face, leaving a red mark on the archer's cheek. Clint only snapped at him with his teeth.

"The Dominion has an infirmary. We'll get that arm of yours fixed and we'll fix anything else."

"Don't even think about touching me!" Clint barked, pulling on the restraints. The archer wouldn't give up on trying to escape.

The other man's hand pressed against Clint's sore, possibly broken, collar bone, forcing him back down. "Stay down!" He hissed through clenched teeth.

Clint glared at him, making his hands into fists. He watched as the same guy looked up and nodded at someone else in the cab.

"Hello, Mr. Barton." It was the woman from the banquet. Clint looked up to see her standing over him with a full syringe. She pulled the safety cap off and the needle glistened in the light.

"Bitch."

She pressed her cold hand against his broken arm and slightly dug her painted red nails against his flesh. The unnamed woman held the needle millimeters above his visible vein, then stuck the needle in his arm. There was a pause before she pushed the plunger down and injected the liquid into him.

Clint clenched his teeth together and balled his hands into fists again. "We don't want you getting violent." The needle was yanked out of him and discarded. The painted nails returned and scraped across Hawkeye's sweaty scalp, finally resting on his left cheek. "And he's sick. Wonderful."

The archer felt something swipe across his forehead, then he heard the woman's calm voice again. "102.1.' It was slightly higher than when Natasha checked it.

"Not much of an Avenger when he's sick, huh?" The guard asked.

"He was never a damn Avenger. Just a man with a love for archery. Nothing special."

"Go to Hell!" Clint snapped, quickly tilting his head toward her. He squeezed his eyes shut shortly after.

"The sedative will kick in soon. We won't have to hear your loud mouth for much longer," she said, putting a few tools away.

Clint fought to stay awake for the rest of the restless right. If he took in his surroundings when they arrived, he might be able to get a signal out to the rest of his team. He failed the mission that would keep him alive longer.

21 Days

Hawkeye snapped awake when he felt his broken arm being moved awake from his side. The rattle of unlatching handcuffs also startled him. "Why the-?"

"Good to see you awake, Hawkeye." A shadowy figure appeared above him wearing a surgical mask. "We were just about to start."

"Start? Start what?" Clint asked groggily, still trying to process everything that was going on. His eyes widened when he caught the glistening of surgical tools being passed across him.

Hawkeye gulped. They weren't really going to operate on him while he was awake, right? Wait...operate?!

"Stop!" Clint yelled at the top of his lungs, still groggy from the sedative. "Let me go!"

His broken arm was tied down off to the side with marker lines all over it.

"Dammit, lemme go!" It was like he was mute. No one looked at him.

He let out a cry of pain when the scalpel broke through his skin and blood spilled out.

"Stop moving." The lady with the red nails was back. Her soothing voice only made Clint shiver. "You'll only make the pain worse."

The screams of the archer filled the entire building as the doctors continued to work.

21 Days

Clint felt more tools probe his broken arm. He heard a crack, then felt the pain of stitching up the open wound. No anesthetic.

Hawkeye was about to pass out from pain. He had struggled the entire time, only making them add stronger restraints. Red Nails tried to seduce him at some points in the operation. Clint knew he had raw streaks on his scalp from her running her nails through his hair.

"See you in a few days, Mr. Barton," A doctor announced, releasing Clint's once broken arm. A disgusting line of bloody stitches ran up his arm to the crook of his arm.

"Y-you fixed...my arm...now...let me go!" His eyesight was blurry from the tears of pain, and his throat was sore from the screaming. Clint gulped, feeling no saliva go down his dry throat.

Once the straps across his chest were unlatched, Clint tried to sit up and escape.

It was a failure, and he only ended up on the floor.

"We'll get some information out of you tomorrow. You're ours now, Clint Barton. Or should I say, Hawkeye." Red Nails purred when she said his code name. She motioned for the guards to get Clint out of there.

The archer felt two people grab and heave him up by his arms, then they dragged him out of the makeshift operating room. Clint made sure to take in every detail as they dragged him away.

This wasn't the first time they've forcibly operated on someone.

He could only ask: what number was he?

Thanks to all those who voted, commented, added, or read this story. Thanks for the support. I hope you all like it so far!

All these chapters will most likely be named after Three Days Grace songs. They fit the mood well. :)

No flames please! Sorry about any mistakes!

Next Chapter: Drown