TO THE CANTEEN!!! TALLY HO!!!

*Annabeth's POV*

The lunch bell rang, and a lot of people came out of their classrooms. Percy, who was sitting beside me, said, "You ready to go to the clinic?"

"Yep." I said. "But I at least want to grab a quick meal."

"Well, let's go to the canteen then." He said. "So, you want to ride my back, or-"

"Well, a piggy back ride sounds good." I said, interrupting him.

He smiled at me, a heartwarming smile... Gods! What am I feeling? Am I developing a crush on him? Well, whatever it is, I just ignored it, as he gestured for me to get on his back.

I gladly accepted his offer and climbed on his back, and all the while wrapping my hands around his neck for support. And I, admittingly, blushed a bit while doing so, hoping the Percy didn't see.

"TO THE CANTEEN!!!" Percy childishly yelled.

"TALLY HO!!!" I childishly yelled back, laughing as he started to gallop like a horse. Well, he jogged to the canteen.

We passed the hallway, where the lockers were, and I spotted some girls glaring at me. I just ignored them while Percy continued to jog to the canteen.

When we got there, he jogged over to what I'm assuming is his table. There were already a bunch of people sitting on the table, but what really caught me were two really familiar faces.

"Thalia! Luke!" I exclaimed.

Their heads turned to Percy and I's direction, as they exclaimed, "Annabeth!"

They then stood up and ran to me.

"Hey guys!" I said as Percy slowly placed me on a seat.

"Well, I'm guessing that you three already know each other?" Percy said.

"Yeah, we were childhood friends." I said. "Last I saw them, they started dating."

"Oh yeah!" Thalia said. "We forgot to tell you that we broke up last year."

"Yeah." Luke said. "Then over the summer I developed feeling on one of our friends, Zoë. And before the school year started, I asked her out. Then long story short, we're dating."

"Yeah, and I'm still single." Thalia said.

They don't really seem bumbed out from their break up.

"Well, seems like you already know Percy." Luke said.

"Yeah, we met this morning." I said. "He's actually the reason why I limp when I walk."

"Percy! What did you do to her?!" Thalia said, in anger.

"Nothing!" Percy said, raising his hands. I can tell he was nervous, but then again, who wouldn't be nervous around angry Thalia? "I- I was just skateboarding and-"

"Thalia, it was my fault." I said, trying to save Percy. "I was being careless and I didn't see him coming."

"Oh." Thalia said as she calmed down. Then she smiled and said, "Well you guys could've told me that earlier. Anyway, welcome to Goode High, Annabeth!"