just a normal day

<Lindsey's pov>

It was another normal day at the local coffee shop I worked at. People were ordering their drinks and food, some being regulars, and others that I had never seen before. I had worked here for about 5 months so far, so I got to recognize people who had been coming in often, and remembered what their orders were. A boy who looked around my age, maybe a few years older came in and ordered his regular, a tall black coffee, and sat down at the table he always did, looking at me. I always thought he had been a little bit strange, but I was not one to judge people or make fun of them, so I just ignored him. I was polite of course when he ordered, always smiling at him, but I didn't take notice to the way he always seemed to be looking in my direction. He was attractive, and he seemed really fit, but not too fit and muscular to the point where it was gross, just enough. He had longish curly hair that hung over his face sometimes, and always wore dark clothes. He seemed to have a good sense in fashion though, I had to give him that. He seemed very focus at all times, his light green eyes always staring directly at me, his eyebrows furrowed up in slight confusion at times, making me wonder what he could be thinking of. He also had some tattoos on his arms, but he was wearing long sleeves today so I couldn't see them, except for one on his hand. There were a lot of people in the store, so I was relatively busy, running around filling cups with coffee, and going into the back room to get things. My boss wasn't here, so I was extra busy, as most of coworkers did not really do much and were not very helpful, if I'm being honest. I only had another hour left to work before I could go home to my apartment, and all I could think about was watching law and order once I got back. The last hour went by quickly, and the store was less crowded, but the boy with the curly hair was still sitting at the table, though he had finished with his drink and was just on his phone. I didn't really care honestly, as my shift was over and I was ready to leave. I took off my apron and walked out of the coffee shop, putting on my jacket as I walked down the sidewalk, my apartment being only about a 5 minute walk away from work. I stopped walking though when I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind, turning around to see that boy from the coffee shop behind me. "Well, that's a bit strange," I thought to myself, wondering what he wanted from me. "Uh, hi. Can I help you?" I asked him, trying to sound as friendly as I could, even though all I wanted to do was go home and sit in bed watching tv and doing nothing. "Yeah, actually you can. I was wondering if you were busy tonight? I would love to spend time with you or go out with you, you are very beautiful," he said to me causally, taking me very off guard. "Honestly, I'm sorry, but I'm very tired and was just planning on staying in tonight and going to bed early, as I have had a long shift at work today. Thank you for the offer, though, it was very sweet of you. Have a good afternoon!" I said, turning around and walking away, smiling once more at him before continuing my walk back to my apartment. As I was turning the corner, I saw that he was walking my direction but was farther back,  so I just assumed he lived around here because most people did. I got to my apartment, went up to the second floor where I lived, and walked into my room. I immediately took off my work shirt, changing into a comfier long t-shirt, and took off my jeans. I got underneath the blankets in my bed, and turned on law and order, ready to waste the rest of the day away....

I had a hard time sleeping so I decided to look out the window, people watching, because what else would I do at night? There was a black car parked across from my apartment building which had not moved for the whole half hour I had been looking out the window, even though I saw the outline of somebody in the front of the car. I didn't like that, it made me a bit  uncomfortable, even though it was probably nothing, I was just naturally paranoid for no reason. I got down off the window sill, getting back into bed, and falling asleep, excited that I was working at night and not in the morning so I could sleep in late. I drifted off to sleep, almost fully asleep when I heard the car, probably the one parked next to the sidewalk, tear off down the road, leaving me groaning in annoyance.