Unexpected Sleepover

Start from the beginning

"Woohoo! Hinata-chan! You can do it! Sakura-chan, she's beating you!" Shouted Shisui across the yard. We had already crossed half the front of the yard and were very close to Inoichi. I wasn't throwing the game, I'm just letting it happen naturally. If she beats me she beats me, If I catch up, well...she tried really hard. I ran just a bit faster, so it could make Hinata push herself a bit harder. I was about three feet behind her now and I could see her little legs moving faster.

Just when we were ten feet away, the poor girl tripped! I had gasped along with Inner as we saw her being tripped by a stupid rock in the way.

"Oh my gosh! Catch her!" Inner commanded in my head. I was glad I was really close to her. I reached out, letting go of my kimono and taking one huge step towards her, and grabbed the back of her kimono. I pulled my hand back, and switched places with her. Pulling Hinata with our strength differences was easy and she had quickly balanced herself when I had let go. And of course, another stupid rock was there in my way. I tripped on it and my legs where tangled with my kimono, making me go unbalanced.

I quickly extended my hands out so I could catch myself from collapsing face first into the ground. But before I could embarrass my self in the presence of powerful ninja, I felt something fluffy but strong push me from the front, and lifted me up into the air for a second before falling back down on whatever it was. The sudden movement produced a small "Oof." to come out of my mouth. My sight was obscured by black and white...and it tickled very much.

I felt very silly in the position I was in. My whole body was off the ground and it slung across the slender yet fluffy body of the only big dog capable of doing so. I heard chuckles and sighed, allowing my limbs to dangle in relaxation from being rigid only seconds ago. I lifted my head and tilted it so I could see his face. I had to admit, Kuromaru looked really cool. Being so up close to him, I now only noticed that he had yet to loose his ear and wear an eye patch.

"I wonder when he does? But he still looks soo cute!"Inner exclaimed as she looked at Kuromaru through my eyes.

'That question is something I want to know too, and yes. He is very cute...and very fluffy' I agreed with Inner. Kuromaru turned his head towards mine and I smiled at him.

"Thanks for helping me." I thanked him and watched him nod. He leaned down slightly and I felt my toes touching the ground. I straightened up and turned to look at Hinata who had her hands covering her mouth in shock.

"Sorry Hinata-san but your out." I informed and the girl only widened her eyes. She intertwined her hands and bowed down with a blush.

"I-I'm r-really sorry!" She stated hurriedly. I tilted my head down at her.

"It's okay Hinata-san. It was an accident and neither of us were hurt." I tried to explain to the girl. She looked up shocked and blinked away tears.

"You can wait with Choji-san while I go get the two giggling ones over there." I said as I pointed to the direction Ino and Kiba and Akamaru were hiding at. They all looked in the direction and then back towards me. Hinata nodded and slowly walked over to the others.

"Sakura- chan, are you sure your okay?" Asked the Hokage nicely. I nodded and smiled up to them reassuringly.

"I'm fine. You were very fluffy." I said over to Kuromaru, who tilted his head. Tsume and some other laughed and she bent down and patted his head. Kuromaru was very serious but still allowed her to pat him on the head.