036

i'm alive fellas. and i'm sorry for not updating with all the requirements and exams and choir schedule. but hey, i'll do my best to keep on writing updates.

 but hey, i'll do my best to keep on writing updates

the sh'tty exam schedule.

Now back to the story.

Chapter 36: That Feeling

<T>

Ai don't know what to feel right now. At a small cafe near the gymnasium, sat two men on the opposite side while she sat on the head of the table. Her green eyes stared at her father on the right side, he was scowling at the boy across him with his arms crossed at his chest. Kuroo, on the other hand, has a straight face but Ai knew what he is thinking inside, 'the hell did I just collared my girlfriend's father?'

Kuroo seemed to feel her stare and when he turned to her, he gave a shaky smile. Even though he told her to stay away from her earlier, she couldn't resist to ask Kuroo. "Are you okay?" She mouthed.

He chuckled before he mouthed back. "I'm fine."

"So." Both Kuroo and Ai jumped in their seats when her father spoke. He raised a brow and is still looking at Kuroo. "You are Kuroo Tetsurou?" His low voice made Ai feel fear, fear for Kuroo's safety. She just hoped her father didn't have his gun.

"Yes sir." The girl almost laughed at his serious tone but she remembered he made her mad and frustrated.

"I saw what happened earlier. Care to explain?" If it was only possible, Ai swore she saw her father's eyebrow quirked higher.

"Sir?" Kuroo looked at her before turning to her father again, "It's kinda embarassing to say-" his face turned beet red and he raised his left hand to scratch the back of his neck. He cleared his throat before speaking again, "I was conscious about my you-know, since I'm sweaty and all, it's embarrassing to stand next to Ai. I smell sweat and all those stuff." He said in a hushed and embarassed tone.

Ai felt her jaw dropped at his statement. Him? Get embarrassed with her? She thought she is the only one feeling like that every time they're together. "You tried to get away from her because you thought you smell?" Her head turned to her father and saw his' lips tugged upwards before looking at her. "Sweetheart, you didn't told me he is this self-conscious."

She gave out a small laugh before looking at Kuroo who was blushing mad and was looking at her. "I also didn't know that." She replied to her father and smiled a little. Ai loved how every time they meet, she gets to know him better than before.

"Well." Her father's stiff posture vanished. Sei now relaxed his shoulder and his eyes were smiling at the two in front of him, an obvious sign for Ai that he just approved Kuroo.  "Now I know that you're a good guy, just like Ai had told me."

"Thank goodness, you finally believed me papa!" Ai breath out. She looked at Kuroo and he too gave out a huge sigh. She can now leave the two of them without worrying. "I'll just go to the comfort room. Excuse me." Finally! Now time for her to freshen up after this whole mess.

(K)

Kuroo is greatly intimidated. Salt and pepper hair, sharp black eyes, tall and buff, black clothes, he is the exact image of a villain! How could this man in front of him have a cute and innocent daughter like Ai? And why did Ai left so suddenly? To pee? Well, it's not the best time to excuse yourself!

The atmosphere is more suffocating than their first minute on their seats. Kuroo can't help but curse inside his mind about being left by Ai. "Nice meeting you Kuroo." Her father extended his arm to him. Kuroo reached out for it but as he held it, his hand was suddenly crushed causing Kuroo to inhale a sharp breath. He looked up to see him smiling like the villain that he thought he was, smiling until Kuroo felt his hand loosened.

In those mini-seconds, Kuroo shivered. It was like for the first time in his life, he felt like the bunny while this man in front of him was the wolf. "I'm Sakamoto Sei."

"Sakamoto?" Kuroo asked, trying to hide his fear.

Sei sadly smiled again, "I married the family of Ai's mother but for the last years, we decided that we should separate." He looked sad. He sounded sad. When his eyes lost its brightness, Kuroo noticed, Ai looked like him when she's sad and vulnerable. But he soon regained his coolness when he cleared his throat and he acted so smoothly, like nothing happened.

"And I decided that I should use my last name again but our divorce is still being run at the court." Kuroo nodded. Ai never told him about her parents, aside from their job, in her mother's situation and workplace of her father. And the fact that she is a part of a breaking family.

"Can I ask what you do for a living?" He could be a drug dealer or a mafia boss based from his outfit but that would be impossible, is this like those rom-com animes? Damn Taketora and Kenma for introducing those kinds of animes! 

"I'm a soldier of the SEALS, a general to be exact. You should be scared if anything happens wrong to my daughter because of you." Surprisingly, Kuroo didn't felt intimidated at what he said.

"Oh sir, I have no intention to hurt your daughter and there will never be a day where I'll let her get hurt because of me." He never did thought of one. All he wanted was to protect and give her the things that she deserve.

Sei laughed, even his laugh sounded like a villain, "Kuroo Tetsurou. You may look untrustworthy with your appearance- no offense-" he didn't looked sorry at all! "But just like my daughter had told me earlier in the helicopter-" helicopter? For god's sake, he didn't knew fathers like him exist! If only her father was here in the first place, Ai might turn into a spoiled brat. And her hair! No wonder her hair was all over the place! Her locks was a mess earlier, a beautiful mess. "You have a good heart. That's what she liked about you."

Well, that's kinda embarrassing. Kuroo always gets the devil as a nickname by his classmates but here, the father of his life just said that he has a good heart. That's kinda flattering. "But- just so you know son, I don't like you for her."

What? He already passed the grandmother, the oh-so-great childhood friend slash rival and he didn't expected her dad would be this!

"But again, no one is worthy of my sweet, little girl. She's my princess."

"But she's my queen, sir." This time, he made her father's eyes widened. "She's the queen in our own world."