016

Chapter 16: He was Struck

<T>

"Tokyo. Train to Tokyo." The speaker volumed waking Ai from her trance. She ran from her seat to the train, clutching a brown envelope.

When she arrived on the train, she exhaled a deep breath and looked for her seat.

After being guided by an elder, she was able to sit in her destined chair and looked for her white phone inside her pink backpack.

To: Takeda-sensei
From: Aiii💚
Subject: Train

Sensei, I'm already in the train. Will be at the school. Three hours more.

And pressed send.

It only took a minute for the other person to reply back:

To: Aiii💚
From: Takeda-sensei
Re: Train

I'm so sorry if I am unable to come with you. Don't worry, you're just going to give those papers to the coach. He's a kind man. Take care of yourself Torakura-san.

Ai just gave a sigh. If only Kiyoko-senpai or Sugawara-senpai is here with her, she could be enjoying the moment but she was busy along with the other third years for their preparation for the exams.

She opened the envelope and brought out the papers. It was about the consent of the parents, principal and adviser of the Volleyball boy's club for the Tokyo Away games, even Kiyoko-senpai and Ai's waver were present, she didn't bother to read the others since it would be boring anyway.

From the urban streets to tall buildings. Ai saw the familiar buildings that she thought she would see in the next 10 years.

She looked at the time on her phone. It was already an hour passed noon, if there is still time, she could visit Kuroo or even Kenma.

She got out of the train and asked for assistance on an employee with the address of the school in her phone. He said it would only take a few walk to arrive in that address, so she walked and walked and walked until a school building came to her view.

Finally.

She must hurry if she wanted to visit her best friends.

Her feet hurt from walking with her leather shoes. When she was able to arrive at the gates, her eyes widened. She felt her heart stopped from beating but when she gasped for air and felt it circulate, she's still alive.

God. She didn't knew this would happen.

She looked at the address of the school, the name of it wasn't written but this must be destiny's way of bringing her back to her first love.

Nekoma High School.

"You've got to be kidding me." She whispered to herself, not believing this.

🏐

"Who's that?"

"From another school? I haven't seen that uniform in Tokyo before."

"Then, a transferee?"

"She's so cute!"

"Look at her hair! So red! Where did she dyed it?"

She had made a terrible mistake. One, she still wore her school uniform and two, she let her hair down to her waist just to cover her face but it went wrong. She attracted too much attention with her hair.

She arrived at the faculty with the guard's help and had bowed to thank him. Ai exhaled and knocked three times before entering.

A teacher on her white blouse and secretarial skirt that reminded her of her mother opened the door. "Yes?"

"Good afternoon sensei." She bowed. "I'm looking for Manabu Naoi-sensei? I have something to give." She said and showing the envelope in her chest.

"Oh. He's in the 2nd gym with his students darling."

"Oh, thank you." She bowed and walked away. Fasting her pace as she felt the stare of the students from the window.

They were currently in their class so why are they staring at me?

It was as if she had ran a marathon as she got out from the building and had seen the gym 2. The gym doors were closed and if she knocked, she would probably disturb the class. She could hear the sound of rubber shoes on the gym floor and the volleyball being passed.

No time to waste if she want to hang out with Kuroo or Kenma. This is their school, it wouldn't take an hour to search for them but she was so excited at the thought of seeing them that she had opened the door widely.

It's not a class. It's a club. Volleyball boy's club.

Enough for the players in the court to look at her and oh shoot. From the 12 players inside the court, members of the club at the side, the coach and adviser sitting near the net, one had stood out from them. The bedhead wearing black shirt and red jersey.

It was Kuroo Tetsurou.

"Ai." He mouthed. He was frozen. His eyes on hers. He was so surprised that he forgot a spiker in his direction and bang-

"Kuroo!!!"

🏐

(K)

No way she's there at the gym doors.

No way she's seen him gawking at her.

And no way she had seen him take the ball in his left cheek.

He opened his eyes. White, he could see white. Is he in heaven? Then, a face appeared from the side. Her dark red hair dangling to his face. Beautiful. She must be one of the angels but- she looks like someone. Someone so familiar. Someone like -

Oh shit.

"Ai?!" Kuroo sat up causing his forehead to slam with her.

"Ow!" The girl knocked down from the side of the bed but Kai caught her elbow.

"Thanks." Ai said and regained her stance.

"No way. No freaking way!" Kuroo's eyes were larger than the owl's. He couldn't believe it. Torakura Ai, in flesh and blood, is here in front of him.

What had he done to be rewarded with an angel?

He held her hand on the side of his bed. Damn, he still could make her cheeks blush. She looked cute as he held her hand and tugged her towards him for a hug. She moved like a doll and weigh like a feather. No retaliation.

"Oh my!" Lev yelled with his hands on both of his cheeks but his eyes were soon covered by a blushing Yaku.