013

Chapter 13: Karasuno

<T>

She looked at herself once more. Her red waist-length locks were braided like a crown, (making it's length unknown and hoping it wouldn't gain too much attention), navy blue skirt that reached above her knee, shirt folded to her elbow underneath her pale yellow cardigan, with the red butterfly ribbon on her collar.

Torakura noticed several bruises in her knees and forearm, it must have been caused by playing volleyball with Tooru and Hajime last night, receiving Tooru's serves really makes my day, she chuckled and went to her dresser and got a pair of black thighs. Wearing thighs is the usual thing she does even in Tokyo when she have bruises in her legs.

After making sure she look nice enough, Torakura got her bag on the bed. It was full of lesson papers of Karasuno's, given to her by her grandmother when she was enrolled late.

She ran down from her room to the kitchen below.

She now lives with her grandmother in the Torakura's ancestral house. It was a two-story wooden house with a large and nice garden behind. There were at least 6 bedrooms, a kitchen, dining area and a living room.

Torakura ran downstairs to see her grandmother, Misaki sitting on her rocking chair. "Nana, I'll be going." She gave her a hug.

Her grandmother held her hand, it was wrinkled and bony but Torakura didn't mind, after all, she loves her grandmother more than her mother, though she doesn't admit, "Have a nice day at school."

Torakura smiled. "Yes."

Misaki nodded, her fading soft green eyes went to her granddaughter's hair, "You truly have a nice hair color." She complimented.

"I got it from you nana." She kissed her cheeks. Misaki just smiled in return. Though Misaki-bacchan's hair is gray from her aging, her locks were once vibrant red.

"I asked our neighbor's child to walk with you to your new school. He is already waiting outside."

"Really? Then I'll be going." She kissed goodbye and ran outside while eating the toasted bread in her hands that she almost forgot.

She ran outside the gates, it was tall enough to not see the road outside. When Torakura closed the gate, an orange haired boy was standing beside his old looking bike wearing what it seemed to be a school uniform.

"Oh. Hello." She greeted.

"Hi! I'm Hinata Shoyo. Misaki-bacchan asked me to walk with you today." His aura sure is strong and cheery.

"That's really great. I'm not really familiar in this place." She scratched the back of her head. Torakura scanned the boy before asking, "What middle school do you go?"

This made the boy freeze and fall on the street dramatically (or it must have been her imagination), "I'M FROM KARASUNO HIGH SCHOOL!" He yelled.

Torakura stepped back, "Eh?" His height made her think that he's still in middle school, her height is 175 centimeters and being surrounded by tall players like Kuroo and Bokuto made her think that she was petite.

She felt a cold sweat run down her temple. "Sorry, I thought... Wait, Karasuno? That means we're schoolmates?"

"Yeah." He was still pouting and had his arms crossed.

This made the girl laugh nervously. She messed up on her first minute with a somebody.

🏐