THIRTY TWO

Madelyn Jones had been laying in her bed at the Thornhill Manor when Cheryl stormed into her room. The Blossom had clearly been sobbing, but that didn't stop her from glaring at her friend.
"Did you know?" She asked breathless. Manic day up, confused as to what Cheryl was talking about.
"Did I know what."
"Did you know that your psycho father killed my brother," Cheryl hissed. Manic's face grew stone cold at this. She got up from her bed and got threateningly close to Cheryl's face.
"Get the hell out of my room, you bitch. I can't believe you would lie to me about something like Jason's death, and the fact that you even tried to accuse me of knowing is even more fucked up. I loved Jason more than I loved anyone else, and I still do, so do you really think that if my father killed him I would have stayed quiet?" Manic whispered, trying to hold back tears. There was a sharp edge to her face as she stared into Cheryl's eyes, the taller redhead practically feeling the girl's eyes stabbing into her soul.

 There was a sharp edge to her face as she stared into Cheryl's eyes, the taller redhead practically feeling the girl's eyes stabbing into her soul

"I'm not lying, Maddie. FP was just brought in for the murder of Jason," Cheryl said, taking a step back from the girl.
Manic choked back a sob, barely keeping herself together as she whispered a weak 'no'.
Cheryl, knowing that Manic was telling the truth about not knowing, brought her now sobbing friend into her arms. Madelyn in return hugged onto Cheryl, letting her sob into her as well.

The next day at school, all eyes were on Cheryl and Manic.
No one wanted to believe that Manic's own father could kill the love of her life, but they couldn't deny the fact that FP had confessed. So as swarms of students came to bid empty apologizes to Cheryl Blossom, they turned to Manic with fake sympathy in their eyes and said 'I just can't believe that he would do that to you, I'm so sorry', words that everyone knew were fake.
All through lunch Madelyn sat with her head held high and face blank as she numbly accepted the false apologies.

She barely bat an eye when Jughead approached her table and was pummeled by Cheryl, and followed like a lost puppy when Cheryl grabbed her hand and dragged Manic out of the lunch room and into the girls locker room, where she let herself cry freely

Manic pat her back numbly, whispering words of comfort to her friend, but Cheryl knew that the redhead patting her back was just as distraught as she was.