FIFTEEN

The Fourth of July was only two days away, and everything was ready for when the plan was put in motion.
The car had been stashed, the plan with Polly was set, the faking of Jason and my deaths were set, and everything had been set up for when we made it to the house that my family friend had graciously found for us.
As long as we sticked to the plan everything would go perfectly, nothing could go wrong.
Jason and I were currently driving to Pop's, were I would go and eat lunch with Cheryl while Jason would go and finish his deal with the serpents.
He would leave the drugs stashed in the car off of route 40, and would sell them after we fled Riverdale. We would use the money made from the drugs, along with money he had been stashing away for months and money I had been saving for years, to get to Michigan and we would live off of it until we found jobs.
Jason dropped me off and drove away, leaving me to find Cheryl.
The redhead was seated in the back corner of Pop's, two milkshakes already on the table. A strawberry one for her, and an Oreo one for me. I smiled leisurely as I walked up to the booth, sliding into the opposite side.
"Hey, Maddie," Cheryl greeted, waving over a waitress.
"Hey, Cher," I replied before turning to the waitress as she came over, repeating my usual order to her. She wrote it down before turning to Cheryl and taking her order as well, walking away after.
"So," Cheryl started, taking a sip of her milkshake, "how are things with you and JayJay going?" I looked down, smiling.
"Honestly, perfect," I said laughing, looking back up at her. She didn't miss the blush on my cheeks, her smile widening even more.
"I'm so happy that you guys found each other, his last girlfriend wasn't good for him at all. And sure, you're one of the most feared serpents and all, but you're not just this gang girl, you're actually pretty great. And Jason loves you, I can tell that you two love each other and that it's genuine."
"So, does this mean I have your blessing?" I said jokingly. Cheryl nodded, surprising me. Sure, I knew that she liked me and all that, but she's really protective of Jason.
"More than just my blessing. You two were meant for each other, Madelyn. I mean you're literally leaving behind your life for him, not many people would do that," she pointed out. I nodded, knowing she was right.
No one in their right mind would leave behind their entire life just for some guy. But that was the thing, this wasn't just some guy, this was Jason Blossom. This was the person that I had come to love in a way I've never loved before.
"Thank you, Cheryl," I said as the waitress came back over, our food in her hands. As she set them down Cheryl smiled and nodded once, silently telling me you're welcome.
After that our conversation came to a halt, both of us digging into our food.

There will probably be one more chapter before the whole faking their deaths part, and it will probably be around the same length as these last two chapters because it's basically just going to be developing Jason and Manics relationships with both themselves and other people and then Manic saying, basically, her goodbyes. Like these past two chapters have been such filler ones and so will the next, but after that they'll have more details and have a bigger part to the story.