TWENTY NINE

The most surprising thing about Archie Andrews man hunt at the Whyte Wyrm bar is that in a matter of minutes after him and his gang entered the bar, the door swung open again.
Except this time the door opened to reveal a pretty little redhead that hadn't stepped foot in that bar since June.
All eyes darted towards the doorway as the door slammed against the wall. No one had expected their serpent princess to return home after running away with the modern day equivalent of Romeo. They had, had hope after hearing of her survival of the tragic accident that was Jason Blossom's death, but after hearing that Madelyn Jones took refuge with the family of her lost love, all hope was lost once again.
Manic walked into the dingy bar with her head held high and with confidence oozing from her. Grins overtook the faces of the present Serpents, as they all knew that their runaway princess had returned home.
Archie and Moose watched in shock as Joaquin DeSantos, their in to the bar and friend's boyfriend, left the two without a second thought and made his way to the redhead who had just caused a silence to overcome a bar full of gangsters.
Manic glanced around the bar as she strode in, a grin slipping onto her lips as Joaquin rushed up to her. He swung his arm around his closest friends neck and turned to the rest of the bar, grinning widely.
"The princess is back, Serpents!" He called out, the wicked grin on Manic's face making the others cheer out.

Manic was sat at the bar with her leather jacket draped over the back of her chair when a group of teens entered Whyte Wyrm and took notice of her. The three dark haired boys grinned to each other and approached the petite redhead.
The two shorter ones sat on either side of Madelyn, while the tallest dropped his hands on the girl's shoulders and slid into the small space between his friend and her.
The redhead gazed up at the boy lazily, sweeping over his figure and quickly noticing the lack of a serpent tattoo or jacket. He wasn't official yet. None of them were. She cocked her head to the side and looked at him questioningly.
"And who might you be?" The boy asked, obviously the leader of the trio.
Madelyn smirked to herself. They didn't know who she was, which meant that this was going to be more fun than she thought.
"I'm Madelyn," she spoke softly, her eyes flickering between the three ever so slightly.
"Well, Madelyn," he said her name almost mockingly, "you're sitting in my seat."
The serpent girl had to stop herself from laughing. His seat? He wasn't even a serpent, so what made him think he had any damn power in this bar, or any of the Southside for the matter.
"Oh, you're seat is it? Funny. I didn't see a name on it," she whispered, just loud enough for the boy to hear.

The rest of the bar took notice to the trio of new recruits trying to corner the daughter of their leader, and all exchanged looks of excitement. It was time to see if their princess was really back.
Archie and Moose took notice as well, and halted in their search for the man who had beaten the taller of the two up. Joaquin took notice of their halt, and turned back to scold them. Whyte Wyrm was not a place for two northsiders to be, especially not now.
"Who is she?" Archie asked, already knowing the answer to his question.
Joaquin stared at his best friend with admiration, before turning to his boyfriends friends.
"That's Manic, she's kind of a big deal around here. Especially after her disappearance from the Southside," he said as they all watched the girl smirk up at the taller boy after he said something.

"Maybe you just didn't look hard enough. A pretty little thing like you shouldn't even be in a place like this anyways, darling," the same boy spoke, "who knows, you might even get bit by a snake."
Manic couldn't hide her laughter this time, a smirk slipping on her lips as she laughed loudly, slightly falling into the teen boy as her body shook.
"Darling?" She asked, laughing even harder, "that's the best you got? Really?"
The teenager glared down at her now, not liking the fact that a tiny thing like her was mocking her in front of the very gang he was trying to get into.
"And this 'pretty little thing' isn't going to get bit by any snake, anytime soon, darling. But you know what this 'pretty little thing' is going to do?" She asked, getting up from her barstool and standing uncomfortably close to the tall boy who dared to mess with her, pushing him back into his shorter friend.
"Apologize?" He asked with false confidence, his jaw clenching as he noticed the multiple sets of eyes staring.
He couldn't help but start to wonder how he would get into the Southside Serpents now, when everyone was witnessing him fail to intimidate a little girl.
"No, you asshole," she hissed like a true serpent would, "I'm going to break you're fucking face."
And with that, she swung her fist, nailing the boy in the face and watching him stumble to the ground before snatching her leather jacket from her chair and storming away from the trio of hot headed boys.
They all watched with wide eyes as the petite girl they had just tried to mess with shrugged on her jacket, none of them missing the bright patch stitched onto the back that claimed her to the serpents.
The shorter ones of the three scrambled up and helped their fallen leader up, noticing the look of awe on his face.
"I think I'm in love," he muttered, watching with dazed eyes as the girl who had just punched him walked up to the right hand man of FP Jones and greeting him with a hug, something none of them had ever seen happen before.
One of his friends chuckled, "and I think you might have a concussion, Sweets."