EIGHTEEN

WARNING:I GIVE A TEASER FOR A LATER CHAPTER IN THE COMMENTS

Jason Blossom and Madelyn Jones had been assumed dead after the sheriff had the river dragged. Neither of their bodies were found, which meant that they had either gone missing or the obvious, died.
People accepted the tragedy, and for awhile parents hugged their kids a little closer at night, because the loss of Jason and Manic proved that anyone could die at anytime.

The entire town had shown up that day, word of two missing kids spreading like wildfire around town. It wasn't long before it got out just who went missing in the river, and everyone was shocked, to say the least.
The Coopers, the Andrews, every family in Riverdale had been waiting by the shore for any word on the missing duo, everyone but Jughead and FP Jones. But it wasn't long before Jughead showed up too, the gloomy teens presence catching the eyes of many.
Everyone couldn't help but wonder. Why was Manic Jones with the Blossom twins? Why had only her brother shown up at the scene of her supposed death? And why did he look like he didn't give a damn?

FP Jones was wallowing in his trailer, drunk off his ass, when the police showed up at his door. With a grunt he answered it, the police taking in his disheveled appearance with distaste, but dismissed it. They thought he already knew.
"Are you Mr. Jones, father of Madelyn Jones?" One of the three cops asked. FP nodded his head, thinking that his daughter had been causing trouble and ended up getting thrown in jail.
The same cop looked away, almost hesitant to speak.
"I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to come down to the station, answer a few questions." They watched as the man's face hardened.
"What for." It was then that the deputy caught onto the fact that FP Jones had no idea about what had happened a few hours prior. With a heavy heart he spoke.
"I assumed you knew, Mr.Jones, you're daughter went on a boat ride this mornin'. She didn't make it back to the shore when the boat tipped. From what I've been told, she's been assumed dead." The trio of cops flinched at the glare of FP, a known serpent, as he took in what they said.
"What the hell do you mean, assumed?" FP asked, no, he seethed.
"They haven't found a body, sir."
And with that, the world as FP Jones knew it ended. The world he once knew was much brighter than the one he knew now. That world still held his daughter.

The couple had been assumed dead for a little over a week when the town's innocence was shaken once more.
A women had been walking her dog along the edge of the river when she spotted a white blur laying in the shallowest part of the water. As she got closer she made out the form of a body, and could see the long red hair that body sported. The unnamed women knew at that moment that she had found the body of Madelyn Jones.
She got closer, letting out a surprised gasp before pulling out her phone and dialing 911.
"I think I just found Madelyn Jones." Those words sent a chill down the phone operator's spine, and within the next ten minutes Sweetwater River was once again the talk of the town.
After seeing multiple police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks rush towards the river, everyone knew that something happened that had to do with the two presumed dead teenagers. And so, just like on the morning of July fourth, the whole town flocked to the river, and they watched as the body of Madelyn was pulled from the river and immediately swarmed by medics. Everyone let out a collective sigh of relief, as the girl was not taken into the ambulance in a black body bag, but instead hooked up to dozen of machines.
Madelyn Jones was not dead, but no one could deny their curiosity, because if Madelyn wasn't dead than what about Jason? And just how did the spitfire of a girl survive in the water, unconscious, with no food or water, for over seven days?

Ooooo dat suspense tho

#dontkilljason
I wish.