FOUR

It was currently thirty minutes till twelve, and while I was hung over and looking like shit, I was on my way to Pop's diner.
I hadn't fallen asleep last night, other than a short hour long nap. I was both sleep deprived and hungry on top of my hangover, and I could guarantee that whatever Jason wanted was not worth this pain.
When I arrived at the diner, Jason's cherry red convertible was nowhere in sight. Granted it was still five till twelve, I wasn't planning on throwing a fit when he got here. So I sat down in a secluded two-seater booth and waited for Jason to come.
"What can I get for you, darlin'," Pop said, coming over to me. I smiled at the man who was practically my grandfather.
"Hey, Pop's. I'll take two of my usuals, and an extra order of fries too." He judged me jokingly.
"That's an awful lot for a girl like you, sure you can finish it?" Pop asked teasingly, knowing full well that the food was not only for me, and that I'd definitely finish it all if it was. I laughed, shaking my head.
Pop then walked away, and not even a minute later Jason Blossom walked in. He spotted me in the corner, playing a game on my phone, and made his way over.
He slid into the booth across from me, clasping his hands in front of him and looking expectantly at me. I glanced up from my phone, arching a brow as I turned it off and put it in my jacket pocket.
"What?" I muttered, crossing my arms and leaning back into the seat. Jason, however, didn't answer. "Jason, what the hell do you want," i asked again, growing more annoyed as time passed.
He gulped, smiling sheepishly, as if though he knew I wouldn't like what he was about to say. "You're dad doesn't want to, uh, help me," he said finally. I nodded, confused on where this was going.
"That's not any new news to me."
"Manic, as an old friend, I'm asking you to please talk to him. I need this money," he stressed. I scoffed, we hadn't been friends in the slightest, and I'd be damned if he tried to use some meaningless two week friendship as a way to guilt me into helping him.
"We were five for fucks sake, and we were friends for like two weeks. Get over it. I'm not helping you, especially when I was the one who told my dad not to trust you," I hissed, something I've been doing a lot lately. Jason looked dejected at my words, pleadingly starring at me.
"I'm not helping you Blossom, besides even if I wanted to, there's no way in hell my dad ever would. Not unless you had something that tied you too us, to the serpents."
"Madelyn, please-" Jason pleaded.
"There's no helping you, not only is it impossible but it'll never work. You have no ties to the serpent, and knowing me isn't going to help you," I said, not understanding how he couldn't get it through his head that this wouldn't work.
"Then go out with me!" Jason just about screamed, and I couldn't be more thankful that no one else was at Pop's besides us and the staff. I scoffed, feigning a gag.
"As if, dickwad. There's no way in hell that I'm going out with you just so you can get in good with the serpents," I said, about ready to get up and leave. I hoped that he would just stand down, but Jason had always been stubborn.
"Manic, I need this money, okay? I want out. Out of this town, out of my family. I can't take it anymore," he finally broke, giving the real reason he wanted to deal. I couldn't help but feel sympathy for him, because I'd do the same thing in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that the serpents would no doubt find me.
"Fine. I'll help you, but now you owe me big time," I gave in.
"Thank you, and I'll do whatever," Jason said, unknowingly making a deal with the devil herself. I smirked at him, noticing Pop making his way over with our order.
"Oh, this is gonna be fun." Jason gulped slightly, taking in the smugness of my voice. He went to talk but was cut off by the clatter of Pop setting down our meals and shakes.
My smirk melted into a smile as I thanked Pop, waiting till he had walked back to the counter before speaking. I took a sip of my Oreo milkshake and smirked once more.
"You'll know what I want in due time, but for now don't worry, I'll be sure my dad just can't refuse your offer, JJ," I said, before we both finished our food in silence.