NINE

Jason and I had left the pregnant blonde with the two brothers, the older DeSantos deciding it would be best for the three of them to talk alone.
Parker was overprotective of Joaquin, so it wasn't very surprising that the younger boy was included in the talk that would determine the rest of their lives.
We were now driving aimlessly around Riverdale, the hood on Jason's convertible down and a warm silence between us. Well, until a certain Blossom broke it.
"So, how do you know Polly?" Jason asked, not knowing that I detested smalltalk.
"I don't." My reply was short.
"But weren't you there at the diner for, uh, moral support?"
"No."
"Then, what were you doing at the diner?" Jason questioned again.
"What's with all the questions, golden boy."
Jason tutted, shaking his head with a smug grin.
"You, are avoiding my question. What happened that was so bad, that even the scary Manic Jones won't talk about it?"
"Nothing. Now drop it, red."
"Nope." I growled under her breath, swearing. I turned in my seat, staring at the forest as it passed by in attempt to ignore the Blossom boy.
"Tell me," Jason, surprisingly, whined.
"No."
"Tell. Me."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"Shut the hell up Jason!" I broke, glaring at Jason.
"I will, when you tell me."
"Fine! I was there because I found out my father was cheating on my mom, and that's why she left! Are you fucking happy now?" I yelled, slamming my hands down on my thighs angrily.
Jason blanched, clearly not expecting my answer. I looked over to him, ignoring the tears welling in my eyes.
"Pull over," I ordered. He glanced at me, shaking his head 'no'.
"Why the hell not."
"Because you're upset. You clearly aren't going to be thinking clearly and you have no place to stay, by the sound of it," Jason said, surprising me with how caring he sounded. I glared at him.
"And what, you're just gonna offer to house me?" I scoffed.
"Yes. I'm offering exactly that. Manic, I'm not about to leave you on the streets. We may just be 'fake' dating but even I'm not that cruel."
"I don't need your pity or whatever the hell that is. I can take care of myself just fine. So pull the fuck over."
This time Jason did just that, staring at me in disbelief as I unlocked the passenger door and got out. The door was slammed shut and I quickly walked off, glaring bitterly as Jason Blossom drove off.
What sucked the most was that he was absolutely correct. I had no place to go.
Going home was not an option, and Jughead probably hated me, so going to him wasn't an option either. If I went to the bar than my father would either already be there, or find out I was there and show up, and all of my other friends were serpents. Which meant that their loyalty laid with my father.
Unless I found another place, I would be sleeping in the streets. Or at least in my car in some abandoned parking lot, and while I loved my car, it was far from comfortable enough to sleep in.

Three hours later and I once again found myself at Pop Tate's diner. Except this time I was laying in the backseat of my car, trying to find someone who wouldn't sell me out to my father.
Joaquin? No.
Parker? Again, no.
Polly? Yeah right, her mother would have a heart attack.
Mustang? Hell no.
Archie Andrews? He'd probably call Jughead, if he wasn't housing the runway already. So that was a no go.
Clarence? Nope, he was probably at the trailer getting drunk with FP.
Twenty thousand other people? Still no.
As much as it pains me, Jason Blossom was probably my only, and safest bet. Everyone knew that Mr. and Mrs. Blossom we're currently out of town, and Cheryl most likely wouldn't even know I was there.
But I have a feeling that Jason was pretty annoyed with me at the moment, which means he would probably throw me to the wolves and let me sleep in my car.

Eventually I found myself once again calling upon Jason in the dead of night.
The redheaded boy simply told me 'I told you so' before creeping down the stairs and letting me in.
I pouted childishly at him, walking past him as he moved to the side to let me in.
"I called this, okay?" He said smugly. I groaned, nodding my head in agreement.
"Yes. I know that." I admitted bitterly.
He led me upstairs, and just like last time, handed me a large plain shirt. I took it, and instead of going into the bathroom, waited for him to lay down on his bed before undressing and slipping on the shirt.
Jason paid no mind to me, looking at me curiously as I laid down next to him. I raised an eyebrow.
"What? It's your bed, you can sleep on it too," I said, huffing. He rolled his eyes, the smile on his face giving away that he wasn't as annoyed as he tried to be.
He turned onto his side, facing me, and I did the same.
For awhile we sat in silence, just staring at each other. Taking in each other.
"Jay?" I said softly.
"Yeah?"
"Thank you." He smiled a barely there smile, and his eyes lit up. It was then that I kissed him.
It was a soft kiss, that lasted no more than three seconds. When I pulled away we stared at each other in amazement, for we both felt it.
We both felt like nothing would ever be able to top the feeling of our lips pressed together.
Minutes passed before I spoke again.
"I really hate you," I muttered. Jason laughed.
"No you don't."

Look at that double update tho.