SEVEN

"Why," I yelled, tears angrily rolling down my cheeks. I yelled it again when I got no answer. All my father did was stare at me, his jaw clenched.
"Why did you do it? Huh? Why'd you do it!" I was hysterical now, and I knew that our neighbors could hear my screams.
I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it, not until he said it, not until he confessed. But all he ever did was stand there.
"You're a coward! A fucking coward! You sat here and lied to us for months, Dad! Does he know? Does Jughead know that you're a fuck up and that's why he left, just like Mom and Jellybean?" I shouted, my voice breaking.
"Manic, listen-"
"No Dad! Stop avoiding the questions!" He tried coming down the stairs and over to where I was standing next to my car, but I stopped him.
"Stop it! Just stop." I pleaded, before letting out a son and rushing to my car. I stumbled with the keys before quickly making my leave, knowing that I needed to go before my father could make it to my car.
I made my way through the streets before speeding down the main road, letting my fathers voice yelling after me fade into nothing. FP had been lying for months about what seems to be everything. He lied about why my mom left. He lied about why he got fired from his job. He lied about trying to fix his life. He's lied about everything.
No wonder Jughead ran when he got the chance.

I slid into a corner booth at Pop's, my keys clattering against the table as I set them down with my phone.
The diner was fairly empty for the time of day it was and I couldn't be more thankful. Less people to try and get into my business. It's safe to say that while most residents of Riverdale wouldn't dare even come up to someone wearing the trademark Southside Serpent jacket, a lot of overly confident teens,
and even parents, would.
Pop almost immediately came up to me, armed with an Oreo milkshake and a fatherly smile.
"Here you go, darlin'," he drawled, setting down the glass. I smiled thankfully, knowing that if anything was going to make me feel better right now, it would be some good ole' comfort food.
"Thanks, Pop. I'll take my usual, too." He nodded at me, before retreating back to behind the counter.
"I already put it down," he said, laughing lightly. I faintly smiled, glancing at the other occupants of the diner.
A father and young daughter sat at the other side of the small building. Along with a lone, blonde haired girl seated two booths down from them. She seemed almost, scared. Her eyes were jittery, glancing at the door every so often.
After five minutes of the blonde repeatedly glancing at the door, and getting more nervous, I got up. Grabbing my milkshake and my stuff I stood up and made my way over to the girl. The glass clinked as I set it down and the girl looked up startled as I settled into the seat in front of her.
She looked at me curiously as I sipped on my shake, her eyes widening a fraction at my leather jacket. I grinned at her, letting out a laugh before speaking.
"What's got you so shaken blondie?" I questioned, leaning back in my seat. She gulped nervously.
"Nothing, just waiting for a, um, friend," she stammered. I cocked my head almost mockingly at her.
"Well, whatever-your-name-is, considering how you've been glancing at the door for over five minutes, I'm gonna guess that whatever friend your meeting isn't really a friend," I inquired. She purses her lips before slightly nodding.
"Yeah, you're pretty spot on with that one," she murmured, "and it's Polly. Polly Cooper."
"Well, Polly Cooper, I'm Madelyn Jones, but most people call me Manic," I said, smiling widely.
"You-you're Manic Jones?" She stuttered. I chuckled lightheartedly.
"Yeah, but trust me I'm not here to kill you or whatever people are saying. I am however here to back you up, obviously whoever your meeting scares you in some way," I said, "I'm a firm believer in no girl left behind."
"Thanks," Polly said quietly, her eyes quickly darting to the diner door as the bell rang to signal a new customer.
I took another sip of my shake, the two of us sitting in an unsettling silence. I took notice of her almost deathly quietness but was stopped from voice my concern by a very familiar redhead.
Jason slid into the booth, sitting right next to me and blocking me in. I groaned, turning from Polly to him with a scowl on my face.
"Really? Life just has it out for me today," I muttered, rolling my eyes.
"I didn't know you knew Manic, Polly," Jason said, almost accusingly. Polly snorted, less scared than she was just minutes ago.
"You don't know anything about me, Jason, so why would you know who I am or am not friends with," Polly said confidently, but it was clear she was still nervous about Jason's presence. He just chuckled, throwing his arm around my shoulders lazily. I groaned but didn't push him away, instead leaning into him and resting my head on his shoulder.
"Well, I would think I'd know who my girlfriend hangs out with," he said, surprising the Cooper girl.
"How many times do I have to say it, JayJay? We're not really dating!" I hissed, not liking how he laughed as if it were a joke. I groaned again.
"Details, details," he teased, "until there's no possible way you're dad will back out again, you're my girlfriend. You promised," he said, his overly cocky tone disappearing as he almost sounded worried. Rolling my eyes I huffed, silently agreeing with him.
Polly awkwardly cleared her throat, bringing our attention back to her.
"I want to come with you," she stated, her voice barely a whisper.
"What do you mean?" I asked before Jason could. She turned to me before glancing at the redhead.
"When he leaves Riverdale, I want to go with him."
"Why," he asked, obviously intrigued.
"Because I'm pregnant, and this is my only way out," her voice was quiet, almost nonexistent, "my parents would have a heart attack if they found out, and if they found out who the father was they'd kill me."
"Polly, why would they-why would they kill you," I asked, concerned for the blonde in front of me. Tears had gathered in her eyes and her voice was thick as she spoke.
"Because a Serpent is the father."