Chapter 1

Lauren's POV:

**BEEP BEEP**

Ugh. It's 7:00 AM. I don't want to go back to school yet. It's not only the first day of the new school year, but it's also a fucking Monday. I hate Mondays. Today is going to suck so badly, and so will the rest of my high school career. I mean it's only one more year of this torture and then I'm off to Johns Hopkins, and then California, where my future awaits. I've always dreamt of living in California, but for right now, I'm stuck on the East Coast, like I have been for the past 17, well practically 18, years of my life. I get out of bed and start to walk towards my large walk-in closet. I open the doors and walk in, looking for an outfit to wear today. I stepped on my pair of torn, dark-wash jeans from last Saturday's "friends" night out (I went bowling with Sarah, Christian, Michael, Heather, DaShawn, Jennifer, Peter, Lilac, and Lucifer). Don't get me wrong they're great, it's just, I don't feel like I can be myself around them. They know that I am attracted to women, but still, the occasional homophobic statements or jokes are displayed right in my face. I put on some clean underwear and then put on the jeans and a band tee shirt from Green Day. I don't really love Green Day all that much, but I love their one song Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Man, that is a good song. I put on my weed socks and my navy blue Converse high tops. I am obsessed with Converse, by the way. Obsessed. I grab my bag and head out the door. I decided to walk to school today since it's really a short walk and figured, hey, I could use a little morning exercise.

I get to the school parking lot, well, the front parking lot (the back parking lot was for teacher parking), and I stand there for a second, thinking: what will happen today...? I start walk toward the front entrance and before I know it, I realize I just walked into somebody. I help the girl up and I say, "Sorr-" but am interrupted by the beauty of the woman standing before me. It feels like I can see my soul through her eyes. I start eyeing her up and down, well, until I remember what had just happened. I bring my eyes up, originally intending to look into her eyes, but then all I could do was stare at her neck and then her lips. Gosh, what has gotten into me?! I look up at her eyes and realize that she was smiling the whole time, without me even noticing! She says, "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! It's my fault! I was thinking about-," she freezes, and then says, "Hi, I'm, um," she eyes me up and down and smiles, biting her bottom lip, "I-I-I'm Rosie, I mean, Miss, uh, Miss Adams..."

Rosie's POV:

I am in my car driving to school. It is the first day of my new job (I'm a science teacher), and I am extremely nervous. I get to the school about ten minutes later, and as I'm pulling into the parking lot, I see this beautiful brunette standing about five feet away from me. Gosh, she is gorgeous! I just want to call her mine. But, beauty isn't all their is to love. There is personality traits, etc. Anyway, I park my car and get out of it, starting to walk toward the front entrance. I must've been thinking too much about the girl that I just saw, because before I know it, I walk into somebody. Shit, I think! It's my first day and I've already screwed up! Yay me! :( i fall down...

I then see that I bumped into the girl that I had just seen! She helps me up and says, "Sorr-" and then I see her eyeing me up and down, head to toe. Then bringing her eyes back up, she stares again at my breasts, then staring back at my neck and then lips, and then eyes. All I could do was smile. I took a quick look at her body, hopefully she had noticed, but I didn't think so. She notices me smiling, and all I can say is, "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! It's my fault! I was thinking about-," I freeze for a couple of seconds, and then say, "Hi, I'm, um," I say eyeing her up and down, smiling and biting my bottom lip, "I-I-I'm Rosie, I mean, Miss, uh, Miss Adams..."

She just stood there.