11.

"Told you we should have killed him," Ramon uttered as he took a sip of his beer. I shook my head as I took a swig, "he ain't no threat."

"You say that until he got a gun in his hand." Enriquez added in. I shrugged my shoulders. Quez didn't scare me the least bit, honestly none of them did. Roberto chuckled as he watched me, "you just don't give a fuck, huh?"

"I'm just not about to cry over spilled milk. If the man wants to bust, he can bust. I don't think he really bout it, he was just trying to show out for his girl."

"Oh, there was a girl there with him?" I nodded my head as I took another swig. "Did she look good?" Roberto asked with a smirk. I chuckled at his question, "it was Johanna."

Robert got wide eyed, "she fucking with that clown? She too cute to be with a weak ass boy like that."

"Who that?" Ramon asked as Enriquez chimed in wondering the same thing.

"The girl you tried to fuck with at Petey's." Roberto pointed out with slight attitude.

"Fuck that bitch," Ramon scolded.

"Chill out," I took a swig of my beer as Ramon's eyes burned through me. I don't know why in that moment I felt the need to defend her, especially with the shit she pulled. I couldn't be mad if she was with Quez because we weren't shit, we didn't even have each other's numbers and would go weeks without talking sometimes. But I was feeling her and I couldn't lie about that, so that shit put me in a sour mood.

"Chill out?" he asked with a chuckle, "why?"

"You know he don't like that disrespecting women shit, just chill Ramon." Enriquez added in.

"Let me find out you fucking with this bitch Jose." Anytime I defended someone he wasn't a fan of he assumed I was fucking with them. Granted he was right this time, most times honestly when it came to females.

I laughed as Roberto cut in, "how does that equate to him fucking with her?" he asked with his eyebrows cut in.

Ramon just looked at me as I looked at him too, smile appearing on my face. I didn't even waste my time responding, he might have been a threat to others but not me. I looked at my watch, checking the time seeing it was going on midnight. I stood up, finishing my beer as I made my way to the trashcan to throw it away. "I'm about to kickback so y'all know where the door is."

"Damnnn," Roberto started with a smile. "Kicking us out? See what you did Ramon." He turned facing him.

Ramon shrugged his shoulders as he stood up chugging his beer. "He always kicking us out, don't try to blame that on me."

I laughed as they started getting up, some throwing away their bottles, others grabbing new ones to take with them. In a matter of minutes they were all making their way out of my house.

Once they were all out I showered and got comfortable, sleepier than a bitch from the day's events. I drifted off to sleep quickly just to be rudely awakened by banging on my door. Whoever it was, was about to get a cuss out. I looked at my watch, seeing it was two in the morning. I was tired of people banging on my door at the wee hours of the morning.

I went to my door swinging it open to be met with a crying Maria. She ran straight into my arms, sobbing like someone died with her hands over her face. It was clear that someone dropped her off as I watched the car pull off. I pushed the door closed as I wrapped my arms around her, consoling her.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I pulled away slightly so that I was able to see her face and in that instance I could tell that someone hit her. All I saw was red.