Chapter 15

× not masked

Imagine Dragons- Demons

     †♪†

      "I want to join drama," I mocked, angrily flipping my pancake. Who does he think he is?  Waltzing in there like he owned the place, asking so many questions, only to ask- no, demand! - that he was joining drama. Grr, he makes my skin crawl!  Ugh, I just want to scream my head off, punch a wall, and angrily call him and scream all kinds of profanities at the same time!  I blew a piece of hair out of my face as I wiped it, probably getting pancake mix on me.

     So its been a day since the whole Jessie incident, and it still erks me. We have another dance tomorrow, and I just can't seem to calm myself down. He thinks he's all high and mighty, doesnt he??  Well, guess what, Mr. Star Football Player. I'm about to knock you down a few pegs, so get ready. Ugh, men.

   Sighing angrily while making another pancake, I went over- for the millionth time- what happened yesterday in my head, still wishing it was just an ugly nightmare.

   ♪*YESTERDAY*♪

     "I want to join drama," he smiled smugly, my jaw unhinging itself and falling through the floor.  W-what?

   "What? " but it was Isabell who said it, seeming awestruck rather than confused and mad like me. Jessie shrugged like it was nothing.

     "Its simple really. You let me join drama, mostly because I actually have something to offer," he explained. I glared. If he is about to list off a bunch of things, I will rip his head off.

    "I can dance, I can help choreograph, and all you have to do in return is make sure I get a role somewhere in your little twinkle toe production," he said, making me want to growl like a dog. Man, do I wish I could.

    "How vain of you. Sorru, but we have enough dancers, and we have enough people to choreograph. So really, there's no room," I said, crossing my arms.

     "I can find something," Lena perked up, making me turn to glare at her. I shook my head and turned back.

    "No room, sorry," I smiled tightly at him. He can't, and I mean can't join drama. That would mean more exposure, and he really wants to figure me out.

   "I'm sorry," he said, topping his lips with his finger as he stepped forward. "Can I actually speak to the one in charge here," he asked, looking over my head. I scoffed and bit my tongue.

    "You looking at her," I ground out, making him raise his eyebrows.

     "You?" he asked, making me roll my eyes.

     "Oh, don't look so surprised. Its not a good look," I said, sending him a smug look. He gave me a mocking one.

     "Yeah, shes the one who thought of it," Brian spoke up. Damn, that wasnt supposed to leave this room. Jessie looked at me.

    "She came up with the whole thing, gave the idea to Mrs. Green," Tina supplied, making me close my eyes. Please, stop talking.

     "So she's in charge," I looked at Max with wide eyes. He must really not like Jessie.

     "She runs the show when Mysty isn't here," Cat gave, and I almost elbowed her for it. Jessie looked at me with a smirk.

     "Is she really. Okay then, since you won't let me in, I guess Ill have to jog your memory," he said. I looked at him suspiciously. What was he up to? 

     "In the school handbook, it specifically states in section three, page 197, that any student that wants to join a school activity- whether it be after school or during- is obliged and automatically given the privilege. Even if there is no room in current events, the student may still be allowed a spot in the next project, automatically making he or she a member of said group or club," damn, so thats what he was up to. I glared at him, a knowing smirk climbing its way on his face. He knew he had us. He was going to join drama. And he was going to do something. I felt it.

     "Fine!  But this week is booked. Saturday we come in early for practice, and you cant miss it since its when we learn our next dance. If you want to be in it so bad, then show up. You can call it your application. One, Show up, and stay, your in. Two, Don't show up, you cant apply if you don't listen. Three, miss more than three days during this whole project, your out. Are we clear? " I asked. Jessie nodded once, making me glare and turn on my heel, grabbing my bag and walking towards the exit.