Chapter 28

I'm going to go insane, I think I might go insane.

Oh wait... I'm already insane, haha.

Seriously, though, I'm freaking out. Sam only gave me a days notice last night to help make over 200 cupcakes for her Sunday Girl Scout party. Its Saturday. Sydney is working and my sisters are at a birthday party. A party today, a party tomorrow... I'm going to literally need mental help.

I held the phone up to my ear, listening to the ringing, begging internally for Cat to pick up.

"H- shit! Whoa, okay- Hello?" Cat answered, her sudden scream throwing me off. What... In the hell was that?

"Cat? Are you busy?" I asked desperately, pacing back and forth in my kitchen, staring at the empty cupcake tins with dread.

"Uh, well- oh my, wow, um not r-really..." Her voice faded in and out and the skin between my eyebrows creased. What the hell is she doing? I then heard a grunt and what sounded like banging. My mouth opened in horror, my free hand instinctively coming up to cover my eyes. Why, you ask? I have no clue.

"Oh my god! Cathrine, are you... Are you having... Whaat?!" I screamed, feeling heat come to my cheeks. Oh my goodness, I called my best friend while she was in the middle of being.... Satisfied.

" Uh, no- ahh! Um, maybe, yes, I am," she said, her voice breathy. I wanted to strangle myself. I wanted to bang my head with the tins. I just wanted to stab myself in the eye or crawl in a hole and never come out again!

"Oh my god, you are, you're having sex! Uh, n-nevermind, forget I called!" I said, hearing a male grunting and a word that sounded really similar to 'baby'.

"Wait, no, Arissa, its fine-" she started to laugh just as I hit the end button. I'm scarred, I thought. Scarred for life. I braced my hands on the table and sighed, closing my eyes. Welp, I'm never going to live that one down.

"There is one more person I could call..." I mumbled to myself, and I picked up my phone. I hesitated, but dialed his number. It rung once. Twice.

"Hello?" A gruff voice answered and my mouth moved before I could stop it.

"I swear to god, if you are having sexual intercourse with any female while I'm talking to you, I will scream, cry, and never talk to you again!" I whined, inhaling after talking so fast. There was silence and I heard a chuckle.

"What happened?" He asked leisurely. I could hear the smirk in his voice, but I ignored it. I sighed forcefully, drooping my elbow on the table and my forehead in my hand.

"I called Cat to ask if she'd help me make these cupcakes and she was in the middle of.... Doing the sexy time," I whined to him, shaking my head, trying to rid my head of it. I heard a laugh and it fade cause he pulled the phone away from his ear. I glared at the wooden island, picking at the cuts in it from knives.

"Jessie, I am not in the mood for you to make fun of me," weakly spoken, I sighed again. He finished his chuckling and I heard shuffling. I closed my eyes and sighed again, feeling very exhausted.

"I need coffee and a redbull," I said, hearing a weird noise from his end.

"Do you want to die?!" He asked incredulously. I snorted, nodding a little.

"At the moment?" I said sarcastically.

"Don't even joke," he warned, getting an apology. "So, how many cupcakes do you have to make and what for?" He asked. I sighed once more. I'm sighing a lot lately.