A cold but warm birthday

Lelouch's birthday was approaching. Suzaku was starting to get restless...

He is in there for one whole year. Yet even he himself hasn't asked to go out. But was this truly a good thing...?

He wasn't even sure if Lelouch was aware that his birthday was approaching...

But as the days drew closer, Suzaku kept spacing out a lot more. At the point where it had begun to be a problem with his work as Zero too...

Not able to take this dilemma any farther he casted all his worries aside and asked for a day off during Lelouch's birthday. Nunally, knowing way too well why, gave him a day off gladly.

December 4. One more day... Suzaku disguised himself and entered a bookstore. He should at least get him a proper present this year.

He picked up two books. One about cooking and another one about chess tactis (which he was about 100% would be deemed useless by Lelouch).

He asked for them to be properly packaged and returned home at night. It was already quite late and he just wanted the day to turn with him by the other's side.

He entered the room cheerfully. Lelouch was asleep.

That was quite rare given that usually Lelouch would wait for him to come home... This didn't affect his plans at all. He hid the present away and-after changing clothes-lied down beside Lelouch and hugged the other until he fell asleep.

The next morning Lelouch woke up first. He realized he had fallen asleep before Suzaku came back and felt a bit guilty. Despite that he smiled tenderly at the other and gently shuffled his hair.

Suzaku woke up abruptly making Lelouch pull back in surprise!

"G-good morning Suzaku..."

"Eh...? Ah... Good morning Lelouch!"

Suzaku said as usual having forgot what he wanted to do for today...

It took him quite a while to realize it was December 5...

He only remembered after going downstairs to get some breakfast for him and Lelouch.

Nunally looked at him way too enthusiastic that day, so he was enlightened as to reason.

After some food was ready he carried it to the room and after setting it down on a table, threw himself on Lelouch.

"Eh!? Suzaku w-what are you doing!?"

"Happy Birthday!"

Suzaku said smiling like a little child.

"Oh right... It's my birthday today haha...."

Lelouch casted the whole thing away as something unimportant. That made Suzaku quite angry though.

"You didn't remember right!?"

"Eh....? I did...? I think haha... It's no big deal right? I am not a child anymore either..."

"People stay kids forever!!"

"Yeah yeah whatever you say. Well thanks Suzaku!"

"Your welcome! Also this."

He pulled the present he bought the previous night from a drawer and handed it to Lelouch.

"Eh? For me?"

"Yep! Well it's just the usual books though... I didn't know what to get you."

"No! I like these! Thank you Suzaku!"

Lelouch said as he unwrapped the present and was looking through the books.

"Oh and there's another thing... actually..."