Birthday present

Months passed by pretty fast.

Lelouch was determined to wait for Suzaku to forgive him. Or that was how it seemed.

Deep inside he wasn't even sure if that was a good or a bad thing...

He kept the question inside him and tried to keep up with his own memories.

After a certain time, every little thing in his everyday life brought flashbacks to his mind. Yet none of them managed to connect with another.

They were all like videos to him. Recordings of another person's life. That was all.

It was an everyday occurrence to get a headache and images of what seemed a previous life to him...

His so-called sister didn't enter again. Although she did pass by outside the door almost every day and greeted him.

Half a year had gone by in a flash. Suzaku ever so cheerfully played with him every single day.

Lelouch was starting to get worried over his work...

"Lelouch, what should we eat today?"

"Lelouch, what board game should we try out tomorrow?"

"Lelouch, do you want new clothes? I can go buy them for you!"

"Lelouch, Lelouch, Lelouch...!"

Suzaku would call out his name so many times a day...

At some point it felt indeed like it wasn't his own name... Suzaku seemed to be calling upon the other him...

He, the him now, wanted to do something for Suzaku in return, even though he knew fully well it wasn't the current him that he was interested in.

And the chance for paying him back had finally come.

It was already July, quite hot already.

Lelouch felt like he would melt...

One day, 9th of that month his sister came outside the door and gently knocked on it.

"What is it?"

Lelouch asked hesitantly-Suzaku had permitted him to speak if it was only Nunally outside.

"You probably don't remember so I thought I would take this chance to tell you!"

"Tell me what?"

Whenever something about his past came up-although afraid of his own past evil schemes-he listened to it with attention.

"Tomorrow it's Suzaku-san's birthday! You should wish him happy birthday too! It will make him really happy!"

Upon hearing about that he opened the door in a rash and pulled the wheelchair in the room before shutting the door again.

"O-oniisama?"

"I-I want to repay him for everything he is doing for me! How should I do that? Help me please!"

He said bowing in request.

Nunally could only chuckle and patted his head. This was quite ironic in it's own way for her but she brushed that off for now.

"Then how about wearing cat ears and put a ribbon around yourself? I am sure he would very much enjoy it!"

"Cat ears? A ribbon?"

"Ze-Suzaku-san actually likes cats a lot. Yet cats tend to hate him... I am sure he will be delighted to see you with cat ears. And because it is a present of shorts it should be packaged with a cute ribbon, don't you think?"