Forgiveness

Pictures, memories, feelings.

Lelouch felt like walking on a rope above a cliff while gazing at each and every photograph on Suzaku's phone.

Afraid he would find a despicable part of the him before.

Every photograph, awakened a short flashback in his mind that shook him with pain.

His feelings were tangled. He was confused why he had a pouty face at some photos. In others he was annoyed but in others he was genuinely smiling.

Many people he didn't know. He didn't recognize. Yet they brought him a warm feeling. Maybe they were his friends?

Still afraid, he kept swiping the photos one by one...

Nothing scary came up... But then again Suzaku might have held close only the happy photos.

But still... one photo was in another file. He opened it. Seeing it made tears come to his eyes... He felt great regret.

A pink haired woman with a gentle smile and sparkly eyes was sitting down gazing up to the sky.

Lelouch clenched his head. The emotions the tears... what were they..?

This woman. Was someone he loved... But... the flashback that came to him was himself shooting the woman who was already full of blood.

Unable to contain the new memories that returned, he raised a scream!

Suzaku woke up almost immediately and looked over at Lelouch who was next to him.

"Lelouch? What's up?"

No answer came. Only sobbing.

"Hey, Lelouch! What happened?"

Suzaku stood up and hugged him from behind. Only to realise the source of his sadness.

He was looking up his mobile phone...

How did he even open it?

What he saw was Euphy's photo. Suzaku never mentioned how she looked so he doubted he knew it was his dear person but...

Why was he crying.

"Lelouch? Do you remember who this person is?"

Suzaku said calmly, he still loved Euphy. But she was already gone. She wouldn't forget her, but knowing her even she would tell him to forgive Lelouch. Suzaku was aware of the whole truth about Euphy's death now. Lelouch wasn't the only one to blame. It was the geass' fault. Thus he had no intention of blaming this Lelouch for that.

"I...killed...her..."

Lelouch's hesitant words woke up Suzaku from his thoughts.

"Did you have a flashback again?"

"Regret... I...loved...her... but...I... killed...her...why?"

"That's... at the time, you probably had no choice... It's not your fault. It's the geass' fault."

Suzaku felt that his own words sounded forced and pained. That being a pointer that he still hadn't forgiven Lelouch completely. He was ashamed of that. He thought he would forgive him but not yet...

Suzaku tightened his grip over Lelouch and patted his head gently, stroking his hair.

"It's okay. I am sure... she has already forgiven you so-"

"This person... is she Suzaku-oniisan's dear person?"

"!"

"She is, right?... I am sorry..."

Lelouch didn't stop apologising for a while.

He probably said sorry over a hundred times. Suzaku kept embracing him tightly, but he couldn't utter the words "I've forgiven you".

"Lelouch, it's okay. I am sure this person isn't angry with you. I am sure she has forgiven you! So it's okay."

"But... what about you, Suzaku?"

That was the old Lelouch asking. Hearing his name with that tone, he felt... relieved?

"I... still haven't forgiven you, Lelouch. I am still not that strong. I will though. So... will you wait for me? Wait for me, I am not angry at you anymore. Just wait a bit more, Lelouch... please! Don't take all the blame anymore! Not again!"

Lelouch had broken to tears again but silently nodded.

"I will wait. No matter how long it takes..."

"Thank you, Lelouch."

To be continued......
________________________
This was too depressing!??? I feel depressed now! Wow! Thank you Suzalulu!! Thanks for the tears sunrise!

Anyway see ya next month~