"How about we take you back where you belong?"

The fear in Ceri's eyes intensified. And for a second, he was looking aimlessly to the ground before him, while taking in ragged breaths. He didn't say it out loud, but I knew it. He was terrified of what would be waiting for him if he went back to their ship, and I'm not referring to the filthy, heartless men.

Ceri gritted his teeth and drew his elbow back, causing the one behind him to growl. Then he threw his head back and the man's hold loosened, making them both fall apart. The man snarled some profanities and held his eye while my Ceri squirmed on the floor and grabbed the back of his head.

The second man growled and threatened to take his life before he started at him with a weapon in his hand. Ceri scrambled back to get away from him, but the man was too close to him.

The one who had his foot almost breaking my back seemed distracted by the show. I rolled to the side and made him lose his balance for a second. Then I took advantage of his mistake and snatched his weapon from his hand. "Fuck, my axe!" He yelled.

The weapon was an arm-long wooden bat with a metallic sharp object at the end of it, making it heavier than any of the weapons I was familiar with. I didn't wait to admire this axe, though. I turned to find the other one withdrawing his arm back and preparing to strike my Aella with the sharp weapon.

I instantly growled and threw the weapon in my hand towards him. It swirled in the air and cut deeply into the man's arm. My aim was less than perfect as the weapon only hurt his arm and continued its trajectory. It managed, however, to throw his awful skinny body aside and away from my Ceri.

"Ceri, run!"

I was instantly beaten to the ground once again as a knee found its way to my stomach. Pain exploded in my middle, but I managed to turn around and punch the man hard and break his nose before I grabbed my middle in pain.

I looked up to my Aella, only to find him limping towards me. "NO! Run!"

"I-I won't leave you!"

"I'll be right behind you. Just do as I say, NOW!"

My voice was more of a growl that shocked him for a second, before he made the right choice, pressed his lips into a tight line, and ran towards the thick trees.

Go, Ceri... please run to safety and don't look back.

I couldn't be with my Ceri if I didn't beat these three, and fast. I didn't need their friends to join them.

On a normal day, this would be an easy task, but in the state of exhaustion I was currently in...... it was safe to say I was glad I sent Ceri away.

I felt the movement around me, but it was too late. A punch dropped right into my jaw. I was thrown aside, but I quickly recovered my balance despite the slight dizziness that invaded my senses. I went to retaliate when something else alarmed me. The skinny man who claimed Ceri soaked him with water, jumped over his friend who was writhing on the ground while holding his bloodied arm.

"I'll get the smaller one!" He yelled, "I'll roast his entrails and-"

I didn't let him finish. I grabbed my only weapon and threw it at him, this time, I caught him right in the back, sending him flying forward and falling on his face, jerking a few times before his corpse gave up and went limp.

I heard it before I saw it. A swoosh of their sharp weapon went to cut me, but I ducked to the side and moved away from the now furious man. I almost thought I now had only this one to battle with, but the one with the badly injured arm stood up and turned my way, gone with the smug and playful smirk that always haunted his face.