Glimpse of the past

AN: Hey dear fans!

Obeying to the request of some of you, here's a little gift, a piece of our story,

this time it happened about 20 years ago...

~~~~~~

"Relax dear, you look like you're about to faint"

She smiled lightly to the Leader of her clan and tried her best to even her breathing. She glanced around them again and the sight made her as nervous as the first time she had to choose a mate.

And there they were, the men of the tribe, the Aellos. Proud, large, and strong. While her clan held some very strong women, the Aellos have always been stronger and fiercer. The young Aella stood shyly beside her Leader, eyeing the man-beasts with awe and caution. She couldn't focus on any of them, though. Every time her eyes met another pair of the opposite clan, she'd cast her sight down and occupy herself with the softness of the sand under her feet.

No matter how shy she was, she had to choose an Aello. After all, it was the gathering of the Agape.

The Agape was a celebration of harmony, fertility, and affection. It was the only month of the year when the men and women were allowed to be together. And while the young Aella looked forward to having her Agape, she was too shy and intimidated by the crowd to choose a proper mate. So there she stood like every year since she bled, beside her Aella Leader, almost hiding behind her.

An Aello came closer. He bowed low to the Aellas' Leader, and then straightened his back, looking tall and very dominating, making the young Aella wish she could be back in the safety and comfort of her home.

The Aello ran his eyes on another Aella that was standing on the other side of the Leader. She was the youngest hunter in the Aella clan. With brown eyes, a caramel skin, long red hair, and a spear in her hand, she held more confidence in her cold stare than many of the Aellos present in this gathering.

The Aello was daring and held no shame as he spoke in a deep voice.

"You have the most beautiful hair, Aella-hunter. I will be honored if you agreed to be my mate on this Agape"

The Aella-hunter inspected the Aello, his looks, his muscles, his weapons, and the lion skin that laid helplessly around his shoulders.

The Aella-hunter seemed pleased with this year's mate. She smirked and took a step forward, speaking with a voice that held no less dominance than his. "I am Aella-hunter Rhonwen"

The Aello smirked. "My name is Essylt"

The young Aella smiled at the sight of the new couple as they both bowed the Aella's Leader. The latter nodded her head and they both stood up.

"My Leader Halina," said Rhonwen, "I will leave to my Agape after you safely start yours".

The Leader waved her hand. "There's no need for you to wait. I have many hunters who will wait with me." She turned to Aello Essylt and continued, "Rhonwen is the youngest hunter in our clan. She just had her first year as one and she worked very hard to prove herself worthy of her position. She is a strong and reliable Aella-hunter, but on her Agape, she is your mate. Take care of her and make sure to spoil her."

Essylt smirked and answered without removing his eyes from Rhonwen's chest. "I certainly will"

"Good. You may leave now. May the spirits bless your Agape", and then she added quickly to Rhonwen, "and have fun."

Rhonwen smiled widely to her Leader. She respected and cherished her more than anything in the world. And with the Leader's insistence, Rhonwen left with the Aello walking side by side with her. They walked through the mass of the other members of both clans, until they arrived to the Aello clan's Leader. They bowed to him in respect, and left the gathering to start their Agape.