Chapter 28: Trouble on Meathead Island

Začít od začátku

The ships around the command ship yanked on chains and in seconds, the Red Death emerged. Her very presence sent a chill down Hiccups spine and Toothless's eyes turned into thin slits while snarling at the tyrant queen. The Berserker soldiers had massive hammers and slammed them down on metal bases and pointed their hammers at Hiccup and Toothless.

Hiccup quickly climbed back on Toothless and they shot toward the heavens. "Now Dragon Master! Witness the end of your followers!!" Dagur cackled, the Red Death unleashed a massive wave of fire toward Hiccups fellow dragon riders. The air filled with screams as only a handful of riders made it out of the fires path. Hiccups eyes widened with terror as some of his closest friends that he'd known for years reduced to dust in seconds. His anger shot through the roof.

"Shoot her down bud!" Toothless fired three high concentrated shots at the Red Death and once they impacted she roared in pain and outrage, she narrowed her sight toward the duo and fired another wave of fire in their direction. "Dive Toothless!!" At the last second they made it out of the way, the fire grazing them and causing them to wince in pain.

Hiccup turned to see Heather and Windshear getting shot at, he then spotted the female with Dagur and Cutthroat snatch a bow and arrow from a soldier, took aim and let loose, the arrow struck Windshear right in the heart. Killing her instantly. "NO!!" Heather screamed as she witnessed her dragon killed and soon began falling to her death.

"Heather!! Go Toothless!!" The duo evaded boulders, arrows and another barrage of fire from the Red Death, they caught Heather just as she was about to land head first in the icy waters below. Heather had tears streaming down her eyes as she watch Windshear sink to ocean and blood pooling and spreading in the water. Heather screamed in rage and sorrow.

"Fall back! Fall back now!!" Hiccup ordered as he and the rest of his riders retreated he heard the Berserkers cheer in victory and the taunts that filled the air. "You failed oh great Dragon Master!! You can't even protect your own people! How do you plan on defeating us and kill the Red Death huh?" Dagur's taunts filled the air and Hiccup growled in rage at how they defeated them so easily.

The flight back was agonizing, Dagur and Cutthroat have proven themselves to be worthy opponents, but they needed to stopped now. Before their madness touched down on any other island. Hiccups heart broke as he heard Heather cried softly into his back. "She's dead, my dragon is dead." She moaned out and broke down crying again.

Toothless cooed sadly, he too loved Windshear, she was a good play mate and a good dragon. Hiccup turned around wiped Heathers tears. "I'm so sorry Heather, I know you two had quite the bond but we need to get you another dragon and fast, because I'll need my best riders if we're going to take those psychos down." Heather nodded and wiped her eyes again, she kissed Hiccups cheek and wrapped her arms around his waist. "You're a good friend Hiccup, thank you." Hiccup smiled and hummed in acknowledgement. "Of course Heather, I've always got your back."

(Dagur's pov)

After our victory over the Dragon Master we looked toward the horizon to spot Alvin and his Outcast fleet arrive. "Right on time." I mumble as I order my men to dock at Meathead Island. Once we docked our men celebrated and the Red Death crawled on the island and roared to further emphasis her dominance.

Still, despite our victory, I couldn't help but wonder who exactly the Dragon Master is. His voice is familiar. "Dagur!" I turn to see Alvin and his men arrive, I sigh and walk toward them. "Where've you been Al? My men and I encountered the Dragon Master and his dragon riders." Alvin grunted and replied back. "Really? Did he exceed your expectations as an opponent?" I chuckled and look toward the horizon. "He's a talented warrior, fights well as well as he dresses." I giggle in amusement.

"We took out a good amount of his dragon riders, they'll learn not to underestimate us!" Cutthroat said with pride, the Berserker soldiers roared in agreement. Alvin nodded and looked at the Red Death as she began to sleep. "Remember, we control her now. Don't let it strike you down for robbing her of her rule." I scoffed and waved Alvin's concern aside. "Relax Al, we've put her rule on pause, and if defies us? Then we'll deal with her." Alvin grunted in understanding.

"This only the beginning Dagur, soon we'll go to the edge of the world and take whatever we want!" I giggled to myself at the possibilities, they never seemed to end. "But first things first, we need to take down the Dragon Master, he poses a huge threat to our plans." Enobaria said, Alvin nodded in agreement and spoke. "Trader Johann said that the Dragon Master lives on the Isle of Night, maybe we should pay him a visit." I smirked and nodded. "Soon. But for now lets celebrate!!" Roars of agreement we're heard and with this victory we've proven the Dragon Master isn't a god but a man that can bleed like us.

(Normal pov)

Hiccup and his riders returned home safely, Mala rushed outside to see half of Hiccups personal riders were gone, realizing what must have happened she rushed to Hiccup and hugged him. "What happened?" She asked. Hiccup exhaled and blinked away a few tears then looked back at Mala. "The Berserkers used the Red Death to kill off half of my best riders, they mocked us as if we were but children." Mala frowned at this news then noticed Heather slide off Toothless. "Windshear...?" Hiccup shook his head. "She's dead." Mala gasped and covered her mouth.

"Mala, they'll be turning their eyes on us now. We're the only force standing in their way from spreading more death and mayhem." Mala nodded and exhaled shakily. "How do you wish to proceed?" Hiccup looked at his people who had fear written on their faces, he then turned to face Mala again. "We'll need to train new riders, add Astrid and her group of Hooligans to join my rider corps and then strategize our next move." Mala nodded and went to enlist new recruits. "I will join you, these animals killed off good people; people I've known since I was a girl, I will join you in battle." Hiccup nodded and then headed over toward the Hooligans side of the island.

Astrid and her group were watching their dragons play with each other and laughed how such feared dragons were acting like puppies chasing their tails. Astrid then turned around to see Hiccup with a firm look. "Hiccup! What happened out there?" He huffed in frustration and told her everything that happened, that their enemies are organized and mobilized, the Red Death is under their control and that it killed off half his of his personal riders. Astrid caressed his cheek. "I'm so sorry Hiccup, is there anything I can do to help?" Hiccup nodded.

"I need more riders, you and your friends can join my squad but we need more Hooligans to join our cause, their more stubborn then ever, it's driving me insane." Astrid nodded in understanding. "Ok, I'll see what I can do, I'll try my best and I'll let you know alright?" Hiccup nodded and she kissed his lips softly, and then went to join her friends.

Hiccup sighed and looked out toward the horizon. He needed to prepare his people for war, because the Berserkers and Outcasts desire domination and to use dragons for their evil desires. As a protector of dragons, Hiccup will never let this go unchecked.

Not now.

Not ever.