5. Angst, Basically

Cas paused to take in the room. I waited almost patiently.

"Does your angel do the dramatic pause all the time?"

"He's not my—"

"I'm not his—"

"Yeah..."

Dean, Cas, and Sam spoke at the same time.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Cas, just go on."

"The world was supposed to end years ago." He said it pointedly, but no one seemed to understand.

"And?"

"And you stopped the apocalypse, so it didn't. But Earth is meant to end, humanity is meant to cease, so it will keep trying until it follows its natural course."

"Yeah but where does she—"

"You think I'm going to destroy the world?" I felt hot, blood rushed to my face.

"Well, if you are as powerful as you say you are, maybe your purpose is to fulfill the prophecy. It's the only reason I'd create an abomination like..." He caught himself before he finished.

"Maybe I'll just end you how would you like that?"

"Okay, alright. Easy." Dean cautioned, eyeing at me like I was a grenade ready to explode.

"I didn't mean to say it like that." Cas seemed sincere enough, but I still huffed, "Maybe what we'll write on your gravestone." And just for a moment, I thought I caught Sam try to hide something like a smile.

"Eliza, you said?" Cas asked politely.

I scowled at him. "Yeah."

"How old are you?"

"I'm turning twenty."

"What?" Dean said, louder than he probably meant. The three of us turned to look at him. "She's just a kid!"

I glared at him. "If I'm a kid, you're a hundred."

"Yes, she is very young. We're very lucky we found her first or else she might've gotten herself in the wrong hands and then we would've all been doomed."

I squinted my eyes evilly at Cas. "First off, Casablanca, you didn't find me, and I didn't fall into any hands—"

"It's Castiel—"

"Second, I managed to ditch the King of Hell. You think he let me off easy? He took me to a dinner. In Paris. We were in Washington state that night! He bought me a diamond ring and offered me Mars."

"Mars?" Sam repeated.

"Yeah, he said it would become really valuable in a few years. Point is, I am not lucky that I found you, I did that on purpose."

"Crowley didn't tell you what you were?" Cas ignored my little rant.

"He wouldn't tell me unless I swore loyalty to him. I knew enough to know that was the dumbest thing I could do."

"And the rest of your family? Do they know where you are?" Sam asked.

"It was just me and my dad."

"Friends?" Dean asked.

"Yes, I text them every day on my cell phone and update my facebook every so often. Yesterday I saw a movie with them at a movie theater. Tomorrow I have school, but a date afterwards. I will go shopping with my BFFL for a brand new outfit, I hope he likes it." I said it flatly and slowly.