Days ahead

" did you think it was over ?"

Snapping out of my dreams I could only hear of my incompetence yesturday .

The day at school , again sumire didn't show up today .

" you seem to miss her a lot " Mitsuki , probably my third one on one conversation wit him . I kind of hoped that it lasted longer than the previous ones .
" kind of . Not that I do that much , we have never really been that close . Were we. " of course we weren't , I couldn't even get her to disclose her worries around me . For that I am thankfully to boruto .
He played a peculiar role in the happenings  . especially now with nue sealed . I would like to thank him but still I can't find a clear reason .

" I though you two were closer than that ." Mitsuki voiced his concern as he looked at me with his confused face. 
" I have known her for some time.  " now that I put it into words there really was nothing much between us .
" I really am not sure about our friendship though . Even though I considered her my best friend till now over the past weeks she had been avoiding me . Of course it kinda hurt at first but now that I know why she did it ..."

" I don't know if she really cared about you . She always seemed to be avoiding bonding with others too much . or .." He seemed to not be able to convey his exact thoughts .
I kinda understand that feeling .

" you seem to be close to Boruto " I said , he seemed to be fixing Boruto as a  target he wanted to know about for whatever reason .

" yes , he is different . Isn't he ?" A smile quickly replaced his confusion from before .

" different ..?" Yes he was different but still it was to be expected of the hokage's son .

" Ah there you are mitsuki ! " a cheerful voice called out from behind .
" boruto " Mitsuki seemed happy as he turned around to look at the blonde .
Soon enough I turned around as well .

" I just thought it would be cool to hang out around the village tomorrow ! Shikadai and inojin and iwabe too are joining me !!" Boruto said with his usually worn smile .
" why don't you join us too , eh Mitsuki ?"

" that sounds fun " Mitsuki replied and all of a sudden shifted his gaze towards me " why don't you join us too y/n chan ? "