11

Seokjin's POV
———
"Oh my gosh, Hoseok! That's amazing!"

I was so happy to hear that Hoseok and his family had the chance to figure themselves out. I was so happy for him that I forgot about my foster sister, Eunbi's, birthday party.

"Let's celebrate! Tonight at the sushi place downtown."

"Yeah sure!" I heard Hobi's voice across the call. "Let's get the lot of us to go. Meet at seven?"

"Yeah sure! I'll spread the word."

The phone call ended with a great happy vibe. Everything seemed to be going right for my baby boys. Namjoon was still finding it hard but I did my best to help him forget his parents being out working all the time. Other than that, everything was going amazing.

I looked around the library café. It was just me. I finished off my coffee and began to pack up my text books I was using to study for the exam next week.

My phone began to buzz on the table.

Eunbi is calling.

I picked up the call and held the phone between my shoulder and head so I could pack up while talking.

"Hey Eunbi!" I said enthusiastically.

"Hey! Mum's upset you're not at home. I told her you're studying at a friends place. I said it was that Namjoon guy."

"You're a lifesaver, Eun!"

"Yeah, I also asked if I can go to a friends place tonight after the part-"

"Oh crap! I'm so sorry, Eunbi, I completely forgot about the party. I was meant to be there!"

"No, no. Don't worry" she giggled behind the phone. "Mum says she will only let me go if I convince you to be home by 10 to do the chores I was meant to do."

"Oh yeah, I can do that. Can you let her know or should I?"

"I will. Anyways, what are you doing?"

"I was studying at the café but tonight I have a celebration sushi party thing... so yeah I'll be out tonight."

"Yeah cool. I'll stick with the studying at Namjoon's."

We ended the call on a good note. Eunbi and I would call our foster parents, mum and dad. But we hated them. They would treat us like we didn't deserve to be in their home. But we had each other. So we stuck together. 

———

I walked into Sushi Paradise to see Yoongi and Hoseok laughing together. It was only 6:45.

"Hello, love birds." I smirked at them. Yoongi immediately went back into his turtle shell of introversion when I said that.

Eventually, Jungkook, Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung all turned up and we all sat around around the table eating our delicious sushi.

The night was spent laughing, chatting and spilling rice everywhere.

"Oh no! I have sticky white stuff all over my jeans now!" Taehyung shouted a little too loud. We all started laughing to the point of us not being able to breathe.

My phone rang in my pocket so I got up and left the table to stop the temptation of laughing on the phone.

"Hey mum, what's up?"

"Come to the hospital." I heard her say between sobs. "It's Eunbi."

I immediately hung up, went back to the table to grab my stuff and ran for the hospital.

I got into the front and went to the front desk. "Eunbi! Kim Eunbi! Where is she?" I shouted in a panicked tone to the lady.

She looked it up on the computer in front of her and looked up at me. "Level 3, room 45."

I ran for the elevator. I clicked the 'up' button frantically and ended up bursting through the emergency stair doors and sprinting up, three steps at a time until I reached level 3.

I ran past all of the doors. All I could hear and feel was my pulse and heartbeat in my ears. I ran into room 45 and saw my mother, crying over the body of my sister.

She had bruises all over her face. Her right leg and left arm were in casts. Bruises and cuts everywhere. What happened to my poor sister...?

"Mum..." she looked up.

"A car..."

So many thoughts went running through my head. "It's all my fault." I collapsed to my knees.

———

We had been waiting for just about two hours. Sitting on chairs, crying in waves.

Suddenly, the beeping sound of her heart rate on the monitor became one long sound. Her heart was stopping. Alarms went off in the building. I got up, tears in my eyes, as doctors swarmed in and pulled Eunbi's bed from the room, towards the operating room.

I followed them. Not caring about anything else. I could barely keep my balance. Tears were engulfing my eyes. I wanted to go through the doors into the operating room. I wanted to be beside my beautiful sister. A nurse stood in my way.

"I'm sorry. You can't go past this point. I'm so sorry." I fell to my knees again, crying my eyes out.

Eunbi. Please don't die. I need you.

1 minute

5 minutes

10

15

20 minutes had dragged themselves by.

The doctor came out of the room. I was pulled to a chair by some nurses before. I sat there, my hands fiddling, my eyes not seeming to dry.

He spoke. Words travelled out of his mouth and into my ears. They were words that I would never forget. No matter how hard I tried.

"I'm sorry. She didn't make it."

My heart shattered. I screamed. I thrashed. Nurses held me back from hurting the doctor himself. I drained myself of energy. I fell to the floor one last time.

My sister is dead.