9

Jungkook's POV
———
-BANG BANG BANG- I heard on my front door. I opened my eyes and stretched.

Why is my neck so sore?

I looked at where I was sleeping and realised I had fallen asleep on the couch while binge watching shows. The tv said "are you still watching" with two options, yes and no.

I turned off the tv and went to the front door. I passed a mirror on the wall on my way and saw my messy hair and daggy clothes. I hope whoever is at the door isn't important...

I opened the door and saw a blonde girl standing there. It was Ashley. I didn't say a word but I just slammed the door closed again.

I turned around with my back to the door and slid down onto my bottom. Why is she here? She hurt me, she ruined my family and she's back to make more mayhem.

I began to cry. Again.

She knocked again. This time more subtly, and to a specific beat. I knew what she was doing. When we dated, our 'couple thing' was Morse code. I waited for her to finish so I could translate it.

I still love you

She started again.

Please let me explain

She continued again.

I'll tell you everything, I promise

I got up slowly and turned around. I wiped off the tears from my face and took a deep breath. Here goes... I opened the door slowly. She looked up at me without a smile. Her face read "I'm sorry"

I let her in and neither of us spoke. She sat on the couch and I seated myself next to her, allowing at least a foot between us.

We sat in silence for a while. I have to say something...

"Would you like some water?" I looked up at her.

"Uh, no thanks"

I looked back down at my hands, twiddling my thumbs.

She took a deep breath and spoke. "Kooki-"

"Don't call me that" I snapped at her.

"Sorry... Jungkook. I took your money-" I interrupted her again.

"I know."

"I wasn't finished." She glared at me. "I took your money because I had no choice. My life was being threatened by some people. The same people taking Hoseok's money."

"What?" I began to get concerned.

"They asked for hundreds of thousands of dollars and I had nothing. So I took your money" she looked down into her lap.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I tried so hard not to get angry.

"Because I thought it would make it worse. But I was wrong" a tear slipped down her cheek.

"You should have told me, Ashley" I moved closer to her.

"You think I don't know that!" She looked up at me, her face filled with anger. She took a deep breath. "Sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I'll get you the money back. I promise"

She stood up and left before I could say another word.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.

———
😽Christian ChimChim🙆

Heyyy, I'm awake!! Just
letting you know and I
wanna thank you for
taking care of me for a
couple hours. I heard
about it from Jin.

Hey, all good, no worries :))
———

I put my phone down again and lay back down on the couch.

Ashley.

I care about her.

But she hurt me.

What should I do?

Do I forgive her?

A tear slid into my hair as I stared at the roof.

She didn't mean to hurt me.

But she did.

Maybe it's good.

Maybe I needed a change.

I fell asleep again with these unhappy thoughts.