Chapter 7 :

Clove:

Enobaria looks us up and down, one by one, to see who this years tributes are.

"Well." She says, "Looks like someones been emotional." She looks at me then at Cato. "I take it yous know each other." She looks down at our hands and then i realise we're holding hands. I look at Cato and he looks at m. I had no idea we were holding hands.

"Uhhh..." I stutter out. "Yea."

"Well i'm sorry about that." She says.

"T-th-thanks."

Cato just looks at Enobaria.

"Well, why don't we all take a seat." She points to the couches and we walk over to them. Me and Cato sit on opposite small couch seats facing each other. Enobaria sits down infront of the window. There is a large coffee table separating all of us. On the table there are some cake trays with a selection of different cakes and pasteries. A vase of pink and yellow flowers and some glasses laying upside down, waiting to be turned over, filled and used. A jug of water also sits.

Enobaria reaches over to the jug of water and lifts it up, "Water anyone?" We both nod. "Quiet, aren't yous?" We nod again and turn over our glasses as Enobaria pours the water into them. Everything is silent for a moment as we listen to the water being poured into the glasses, staring at the water as it rises. Enobaria sets the jug down and takes a sip of her water.

"Well then lets hear your names." She looks first to me, then to Cato.

"Clove Lumin."

"Cato Thomas."

"It's nice to meet you, Clove and Cato."

Shes really kind to us, she probably won't be like this in a few days when she's striving us on to kill.