5 - Explication

Medical record

2032/12/24

Newest addition:

-> mild head and spiral cord injuries from blunt force trauma caused by the car crash.

-> chances of walking again 80℅ possible.

OTHER INFO:

-> lost control of the wheel and collided with two other cars

-> 33 years old wife, killed on impact
Cause: sac covering the right lung punctured by a broken rib from the sudden force trauma

-> 5 years old child : no mild or major injuries.

╒══════════════════╕

I woke up, I was devastated

╘══════════════════╛

The clicking of one's pair of dress shoes was breaking the silent hallways of the hospital. Passing rapidly by numerous doors and rooms, he finally came to a halt when a nurse called him by name. His eyes stopped on the number written next to the white door as realisation hit, a glint of hope washing over his black irises.

"How is the patient? "

"He woke up two hours ago and demanded seeing his daughter, sir. At the moment both of them are resting"

He only nodded as he spoke again " Any reactions that could've deteriorate his current state?"

"It could've been worse" sadness covered the usually bubbly voice of the nurse.

"No one is strong once their lover die, sir"

Hi,hello

So, I guess this came to an end too huh? A short by lovely journey I may say. This wasn't the best of my works or something that truly shows my abilities but it was a source of inspiration and exercise. I've been facing bad writer's block due to high levels of stress and bad time management in the past few weeks.

This was more than helpful with my hectic life

So now, I shall explain to you a little about this story:

The chapters represent a world for someone in coma. Some dream or recreate the last scenes before and others don't.

In our case, it does.

The first 2 chapters are "lived" in your perspective, as everything is broken down and dull. You are indeed dead from the beginning. As you read in the first chapter, the characters were more scared about their daughter's state than theirs.

What about the gunshot?

Even tho it's not told, you are scared for both of them, especially because you hear a clock and don't know whose it is. The gunshot represents your fear coming to life through his death.

The last two are from his perspective and as you saw, the accident happened on a Christmas Eve. The cause it's up to you because what you read us nothing by his way of letting her go: recreating the incident.

What's with the clocks?

If you didn't get it by now, they represent someone's life. If it's indeed working, then the character it's alive. That's how you realize about your death in the third chapter. They can be more prominent and easily heard by death people as they don't have one of their own that works.

How did this even happen?

I came with this idea from a stupid question that bugged me for weeks. "Can you hear it?" the raw base I wrote based on it are from where I got inspiration for this.

At the same time, after writing the first two I came to a conclusion: why not connect them?

If you have any questions ask away :D