4

Again : This is a first draft, so I am sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations
Posted 00:43 EET standard time

╔═══════════════════╗

But I needed to let go

╚═══════════════════╝

Humming something foreign to your ears, the drive was covered by a calm and senile atmosphere that help forget the problem you were facing.

An internal battle between a brain's logical actions and a heart's truthful acting was still going on inside your mind and so, when he called you by name it was hardly noticeable.

"Yu-Na"

Sadness washed over his tone as he pronounced your name with care and unnoticed fear stitched into it. Your sudden change of mood made his clock come to a halt, just as the illusion of reality that it created.

You only looked at his eyes, without uttering a single word when you took the little girl in your arms. She was sleeping soundly throughout  all the noise outside made by clocks of unknown people. Putting your hand against her curled up one, you let a sigh escape from your lips.

At the lack of response he chose to drive further on the empty road that was taken over by the white shades of snow without a comment made. His hands were griping the steering wheel tight when fear suddenly grew in the pit of his stomach.

He knew it's going to come anytime soon, and you too.

Tears were spreading fast across his face as he closed his eyes for a brief moment in his attempt of staying composed, making you break down too. Not daring to wake her up, you let your head rest on her shoulder as she cuddled up against your chest. Pain was taking over your senses again when you felt everything breaking once again at your feet.

With the last bit of hope left out you shuttered slightly every word said.

"Never forget that I love you so much, j-just try and l-live for me. I-i don't-"

"But I don't want you to go"

His voice was a mere whisper as he responded. Too weak for controlling the wheel anymore, he just took off the seatbelt and hovered over the two of you as silent tears were streaming down your faces. His hug was warm and close, giving you the chance of taking in his characteristics smell for one last time.

"I love you so much Yu-Na"

You smiled sweetly against him, one arm clinching on the back of his shirt as if this will keep everything from going any further. It was a white lie, but it felt nice to have those last few moments lived in peace.

"I love you more"

And then, the car finally crashed.

Words: 426