*26* A Match Made In Hell

*4 Months Later*

I hate the spring. It makes my allergies go crazy and all of the bugs come back out. I'm also not the biggest fan of warm weather. I'd much more prefer for it to be cold and snowy so that I can snuggle up with Mason... Not that I need a reason so cuddle with him. But, with the changing of the season, a new change is coming along with it. A few new changes, actually. I got a job, for one. It's nothing big. I'm just working in a small local boutique. Mason is helping his mom manage the small company that his dad started when Mason was little.

"Mason, I have to get to work." I whine, trying to pull away from his grip.

Mason wraps his arms tighter around me and begins to kiss my neck. I roll my head to the side and groan. I feel him smirk against my neck.

"You sure you wanna go?" Mason whispers in my ear.

No. I didn't want to. I wanted to stay right here with Mason. God his lips felt so good against my skin. And his arms... they felt like heaven around my body. I found myself wrapping my legs around his waist as he held onto me tighter and continued to kiss down my neck and to my collarbones. I throw my head back, my eyes closing and complete bliss. I tangle my fingers in his hair and lightly tug. Mason moans lowly and gives me a squeeze.

"Mason," I say breathless as I pull back. "I have to go." I say.

Neither one of us move. We just stay like this... staring into each other's eyes. My eyes wonder over his face, down to his full lips... then they meet mine. We kiss and nip and hug all the way to the bedroom. Before I even realize what's happening, we are pulling off each other's clothes. Masons hands roam over my body and I lightly drag my nails down his back as he plants wet kisses down my chest.

"God Bex." Mason moans.

I close my eyes as he slowly intertwines his body with mine.

"Baby are you okay?" He asks, lightly panting.

"Yes." I say, also sounding out of breath.

It was still taking my body time to adjust to him... even though we've had sex quite a bit since our honeymoon... It's becoming easier. It's not as painful-- it's hardly painful at all anymore-- and it's beginning to get easier to relax and not be so scared.

I throw my head back and moan as please overcomes my body. Mason holds me tight to him and I catch a glimpse of him through my half closed eyelids. His head was thrown back in extasy and his eyes were squeezed shut. God he was so incredibly sexy. And he was mine. All mine. How did I get this lucky?

We both lay in bed, my head resting on Masons chest and his arm wrapped around me. His warm fingers tracing patterns on my bare back. I place a kiss to his chest and he gives me a kiss on the top of my head.

"So, we're playing hooky today?" I ask.

Masons chest vibrates and his smooth laughter fills the room. It makes me smile. He switches from drawing patterns on my back, to twirling a strand of my hair around his finger.

"Yes." He answers.

I look up at him. "But, I have to go to work tomorrow. And so do you." I say.

Mason rolls his eyes and leans down to kiss my nose. "Okay babe."

I smile and lay my head back down on his chest. We decide to watch t.v as we continue to lay in bed and cuddle... naked. Which, much to my surprise, was one of my favorite things to do with Mason.

"Bexley, do you know how much I love you?" He asked all of a sudden.

I sit up and look at him. "I know you love me Mason. I love you too."

Mason gives me a small, closed-lipped smile, and shakes his head. "No, do you know how much, I love you?" He asks again, this time taking my hands in his and looking me in the eyes with a smile.

I shake my head. I knew how Mason felt about me. I knew he loved me. I knew he cared about me and how much he admired me. I also knew that he thought I was strong. Even though I really wasn't... I was somewhat in between... I'm much more scared than everyone thinks, and yet, I'm much more brave than I admit to myself...

"Bex, I love you... so much. It's impossible to describe how much I love you."

I smile and kiss him. "My love for, Mason, completely consumes me... and I love it. I love how completely your love surrounds me and makes me feel."

Our happy bliss fulness was interrupted by horrifying news on the t.v. Both of us watch in a mixture of shock, anger, and --for me-- fear, as the news anchor explains that an inmate has escaped from jail... Jesse Watson.

The next morning was hard. Mason continuously begged me to stay home. I told him that I would be fine as I got ready. He kept hugging me close to him and kissing me, trying to distract me from getting ready and make me late.

"Mason, I have to go to work." I say.

"Bex, I love you... But it's stupid of you to go out when Jesse is still out there. Please just stay home."

I shake my head. "No Mason. I'm not going to let fear dictate my life anymore. If it was..." I have to force myself to say his name. "Garret... who got out... then that would be different."

Mason shakes his head. "Please, Bex. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I place my hand on Masons bicep and look him in the eye. "I will be at work, it's not like I'll be alone, and I'll come straight home from work." I tell him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I promise." I add before leaving.

It was an unusually slow day at work. Only a few customers came in the whole day. By the time that it came for my shift to end I had already gotten five calls from Mason, making sure that I was okay. As I went into the back of the store to get my stuff, I heard a clanging noise that made me think I wasn't alone back here... which was weird because no one but employees are aloud back here.

"Hello?" I call out.

The very next thing I know is that there's something hard coming down over the back of my head and I gasp just before I fall and black out. When I come to, my head is pounding and I'm so confused as to where in the hell I am. I'm laying on a bed in some small room. I slowly sit up and rib the back of my head. My fingers graze over a large bump and I wince.

"Nice to finally see you woke up."

The voice brings chill to my spine and my eyes dart around the room until they finally land on him.

"Jesse?" I ask.

Jesse just laughs. "You know... this all could have been avoided." He says, coming over to stand in front of me.

I couldn't move. I was scared and confused and so many other emotions were coursing through my body.

"I made a friend while I was in jail... maybe you know him." Jesse says.

I glare at him, silent tears running down my face as I watch him carefully. Fear and anger had my whole body trembling.

"Wh-- who?" I ask, my voice just as shaky as my body.

Jesse stops walking and looks me in the eyes. "His name is Garret."