*14* Set Free

I look down at the floor. Refusing to meet his eyes after everything that I just told him. I told him about what Garret did to me... and what he made me do with his friends... I had so many emotions running through my body at once. I was surprisingly relieved about finally telling someone. There was an overwhelming amount of embarrassment that had made its way into my system. And there was an uneasy feeling of fear that settled in the pit of my stomach. Fear of how Mason was going to react... what he would think of me...

After a long silence Mason gently laid his hand over my back. "Bex?" His voice was soft.

I sniffle and close my eyes, willing myself to not cry anymore. "Yes?" I ask, keeping my eyes down.

"Bex, look at me." He says, turning me to face him.

I close my eyes, take as deep a breath as my lungs will allow, and face him. His face wasn't angry. His eyes held a sort of sadness in them, but his face was soft and understanding.

"You could have told me Bex."

Tears begin to slowly run down my face. "I was so ashamed Mason." I whisper.

Masons hand molds with my cheek and wipes away my tears with his thumb. "You don't have any reason to be. You did nothing wrong."

I let out a cry and look down. Mason tries to lift my face up but I keep it down. He moves closer to me and lowers his face so that it's in front of mine.

"You know that right? You know none of this was your fault."

I sniffle and look up at him. "Yes. I mean... I didn't, at first, but I do now."

Mason pushes my hair out of my face. "Then why are you embarrassed Bex?"

"Because I wanted it to be you! I wanted you to be my first." I cry.

Mason swallows and shifts a little before pulling me into his arms. His hands rub over my back as he gently rocks me while I cry.

"It hurt so bad Mason!" I sob.

Mason holds me tighter to his chest. "I'm sorry Bex. I'm so sorry. I should have... I should have been more understanding."

It takes at least another fifteen minutes before I completely stop crying. I think I ran out of tears. Mason just holds me as we sit in silence. I begin to feel myself relax into his arms. I let myself breathe in Masons scent, he smelled like cinnamon and another spice. I could feel the sadness and shame leaving my body. In its place was a sense of warmth and peace. I let out a shaky breath that felt better than normal.

"Are you okay Bb?"

I look up at him. "Bb?" I ask.

Mason gives me a sideways smirk. "You'll always be my Bb."

I give him a smile and feel myself being drawn closer to his face... to his lips... Mason pulls me on top of him and his lips connect with mine. I sigh into the kiss. I've missed this. His touch, his smell, his voice, his lips. It sent waves of comfort and shivers up and down my spine.

"God, I missed you." Mason moans with his eyes closed as he runs his fingers through my hair.

I smile and place a kiss to his lips. "I missed you too Mason."

Mason wraps his arms tightly around me and squeezes me. It's like the most relaxing and comforting thing, being in his arms. He's like my own personal security blanket.

"Can I stay here?" I whisper.

Mason rubs his hands up and down my back. "Of course you can baby."

I smile. "Thank you."

He kisses my head. "Your welcome Bex."

I follow Mason to his room and he kisses me before pulling me down with him. "You want my sweatshirt?" He asks.

I smile and nod. When we were dating, Mason had this incredibly soft blue hoodie that was like an oversized dress on me. It was my favorite thing to wear of his. He retrieves it from his closet and hands it to me. I blush and look up at him.

"Want me to leave while you change?" He asks.

I slowly nod. Mason gives a soft kiss to my forehead before leaving. I sigh and slip off the dress and pull on the hoodie, comfort immediately washing over me the minutes the familiar fabric touched my skin. I shake my hair loose and tell Mason it's okay to come in.

When he walks back in he has a large extra blanket with him. Mason changes out of his clothes, leaving only his boxers on. I blush and smirk a little at his incredibly sexy body. Mason catches me staring and chuckles. I blush but let out a small giggle as he climbed into bed beside me. Mason lays down next me and kisses my forehead.

"Can I hold you Bb?" He ask.

I smile and nod. Mason wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. I snuggle close and lay my head against his chest.

"Please don't leave me again Mason." I softly plead.

Mason kisses the top of my head. "I won't baby. I promise."

I close my eyes and smile. Completely content with myself and how the night turned out.

The next morning I woke up slightly confused as to where I was.  I heard a groan and a strong arm wrap tightly around my waist. I stiffen, until Mason places a kiss to my temple and his voice fills my ears, reminding me of where I am and everything that happened last night.

"Good morning Bb."

I smile and turn over to face him. "Good morning." I yawn.

Masons eyes where still closed and his hair was messy. I forgot how good bedhead looked on him. I lean up and kiss his cheek. A lazy smile crosses his lips and he wraps an arm around me.

"Mason, does this mean we're back together?" I ask.

Mason slowly opens his eyes, revealing his beautiful turquoise blue eyes. "Yes Bex." He says with a smile.

I smile and snuggle close to him. I sigh and look up at Mason. "I should probably get home so Anna doesn't worry too much."

Mason frowns and holds me tighter to him. I giggle a little and kiss him softly. "She'll be happy to hear we're back together."

Mason chuckles. "Because I'm the best."

I roll my eyes and elbow him. Mason chuckles and hugs me tight to him.

I grab my stuff and Mason drives me home. I stay in his hoodie and he doesn't protest it. Mason gives me a gentle kiss before leaving. The minute that I step inside the house, I'm bombarded with questions from Annalise.

"Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you tell me you were staying with Jesse? What happened last night? Why are you wearing... is that... Masons sweatshirt?" Her deep brown eyes settle on the hoodie.

"Last night was crazy. It didn't go the way I'd expected, at all. And yes, this is Masons hoodie."

As we sit down, I explain to her how last night went. I told her everything that happened with Jesse and with Mason. Once all of that had sunk in... I took a breath and started to tell her everything else. What Garret did... what he let his friends do... everything.

"If he wasn't already in jail then I would kill him!" Annalise growls.

I can't help but laugh at her. Annalise laughs a little too and gives me a soft smile.

"It's good to hear you laugh like that again." She says and holds my hand in hers.

I smile at her. "I love you Anna."

She brings me in for a hug. "I love you too B."