2

James is the closest friend i have now and he's my classmate, he usually give me a ride back home. he was gay and loved to go to gym with me i was the only person who knew of his sexuality. He preferred it that way. I never question him but i know it is to do with his family.
"Im just off to the loo Oddy, Can you make me my usual vanilla mocha.Thanks" he said in his sing song voice as he ruffled my hair and walked past me to the guest ensuite.
I shake my head at his diva attitude.
I prepared the coffee machine while i got the chai latte pod for me and put in James vanilla mocha in first.

"Can we just watch a movie? I'm not in a mood for anything today" i asked while sipping the warm goodness that instantly melted my numb lips.

James cuddled in beside me it was autumn yet britain was having those extreamly rare snowy days, it was cold yes but not always snowed even on winter.
" what are you wearing to the the lunch formals tomorrow, mothers forcing me to wear this hideous grey suit, wait isnt your mum coming?"
I signed at him sinking into the black contemporary plush sofa. Switching channels to classic horror.
"Mums gonna arrive early morning from LA , we talked in the morning, think she's already got me a dress. It being a suprise and seeing my face or something."
James grabed the remote and changed it to scooby doo.
I rolled my eyes my him."sure just take it from me, ill forgive you because its scooby doo"
"Oddy not everyone can watch your nightmare bullshit. Some of us gets scared" he laughed at me.
"You dont even know the colour your going to wear?"
"Nope i didnt get time to ask" i replied engrossed in the scooby doo chase.
"I swear your not a girls at times"
The hours went by fast and i prepared for bed after i walked James outside.
I was not going to accpet that im scared for tomorrows evening formal mum was exited and she was the guest of honor.
I guess im not the people person anymore, i lived for these days but i aleays used to go with my bestfriends.three years ago.
When i was that party teen i inwardly cringed.
I wonder if dads alright hes been over the moon because mums back but he's been looking too sad lately every time he looked at me.
He would deny everything if asked though.

I wasnt able to fall asleep i was too anxious for moms arrival. I stayed up for hours. Till i finally felt unable to keep my eyes open and didn't know what time it was till i finally fell asleep.

"Oddy, Oddy .wake sweet pea. its ok shhh" cooed the sweet voice of my mother

" mom?" i was suprised at my own shaken voice i sounded so vunrable, i hated it.

" Im here darling, what were you dreaming about?" her beautiful face looked worried it was pulled it to her motherly frown, she rarely used it.

" im fine, mum. " i smiled for her benefit, she signed.

"honnestly, what time is it?" i asked her to ease her worry.

"Half nine Oddy, get dressed we need to prepare you for the big event."

it wasn't long before i was left in my own chain of thoughts, i hipped in the shower and washed my greasy raven hair, it was easier to manage my thick locks now. my hair wad this shine to it it wierded people out when i have told them it was real, James like to boost my confidence and tell me it reminded him of a peacocks feather because it reflected the is emerald blue light but in general, it is too ethereal.
After that long hot shower i stepped out wrapped myself in a towel and went out to my room.
I was not expecting to see the dress it had vintage lace and crystals everywhere, long sleeve and long and flowing somehow i know its going to be comfortable.
I let my hand caress the complicated material.
"Oddy are you done ? I'm coming in to help"
Before i could answer she barged in, i guess i forgot to lock the door.
My mum somehow kelt her elegance as she rushed to me, she on the otherhand was wearing a royal blue silk coktail dress fitted to her slim body, sporting a fascinato  colour the net shaped to a perfect rose.
"I cant be bothered mum too lazy for today its my first day off"
"No no hunny my daughter needs to be there with me.besides don't waste that amazing dress, i had it specially tailored for you by an Italian designer. Now change it to this while i get you some makeup "

I signed as i picked up my delicate looking dress.