Chapter 15

Part 1: April

Chapter 15

April 20th. Sunday.

Yamaguchi arranged for Tanaka, Raku, Teddy, Idola, and herself to meet up at one of the city’s small parks located downtown. The five students spent the day together hanging out and bonding, and when the sun began to set the group all departed home.

April 21st. Monday.

“Thank goodness Roku-sensei’s assessments will be ending soon,” Yamaguchi said, strolling beside her brother as they made their way home from school. “I’m tired of answering all those dumb questions.”

“I hope we don’t end up in different classes.”

Yamaguchi nodded. “That would really suck. At least we would be able to eat lunch together.”

“…I don’t think Roku-sensei is very fond of me,” mumbled Tanaka, his dog ears twitching slightly.

“What do you mean by that?”

“It’s just a feeling.” The male shrugged. “I think he knows we’re up to something.”

“Maybe he’s concerned for you,” suggested Yamaguchi, unsure how to respond to Tanaka’s statement.

“With our group growing larger and larger, I fear our secret will be revealed.” He stared at the ground as he walked. “If Roku-sensei knows what we’re up to, he could easily tell the principal and we’ll get in trouble.”

“No one would believe in Personas, or even the Distortion.”

Eventually, the duo arrived at the front of their house and entered the building. Yamaguchi made dinner for her brother and herself, and Tanaka helped her with her homework later on. Sure, using Personas and exploring the Distortion was fun—but they still had to maintain good grades and achieve academic success in Shoudou Academy. When it was 10 PM, the siblings retired to their respective rooms and crawled into their futons.

Yamaguchi fell asleep rather quickly, but Tanaka couldn’t get any rest whatsoever. An hour passed, and he still didn’t feel tired. His phone buzzed and the bright screen illuminated his room, and he grabbed the electronic device within seconds. The male then checked who texted him.

To: Tanaka

From: Idola

Message: I need your help. My brother seemed to sleepwalk out of the house.

That was a…peculiar message.

To: Idola

From: Tanaka

Message: What?

Sleepwalk out of the house? Why did Idola need his help for something like that?

To: Tanaka

From: Idola

Message: I think he’s heading over to the Distortion.

The Distortion didn’t appear until midnight, which was roughly an hour away. The school was located around the downtown part of the city, and depending on Idola’s family’s location, it could take her brother an hour or so to get there. So it was plausible if her brother was on his way there.

To: Idola

From: Tanaka

Message: Is Teddy the one sleepwalking?

He didn’t see why Teddy would be the one wandering over to the Distortion, but asked anyways for confirmation.

To: Tanaka