Chapter 13

Part 1: April

Chapter 13

April 13th. Sunday.

Raku visited Tanaka and Yamaguchi at their house, and the three spent most of the day getting to know each other better. Tanaka helped explain to the dark-haired female about the Distortion and Shadows, and how Personas aid their users. Raku elaborated her part of the story, telling Tanaka that she couldn’t recall anything before waking up inside the fourth floor of the warped academy. She promised that she’d help the two siblings with her Persona’s powers. By the time the sun began to set and the sky outside was tinted with a bright orange color, Raku returned home and the dog-eared duo spent the rest of the night relaxing.

April 14th. Monday.

“Roku-sensei’s assessments are getting boring,” whined Yamaguchi, staring up at the cloudless sky above her.

Tanaka sauntered beside her with his hands in his pockets. “Yeah.”

“Out of all the teachers at Shoudou Academy, he certainly has to be the most eccentric.” Yamaguchi kicked a rock around, her gaze focusing on the ground. “Thank goodness he doesn’t smoke during class.”

“Yeah,” Tanaka said again, using a monotonous tone.

“I guess he’s a kind person, though. He watches over drama club, and seems to enjoy the meetings. At least we don’t have any of the strict teachers.”

“Yeah.”

Yamaguchi glimpsed over at her brother, rambling on. “After these assessments, I hope we don’t get transferred to a strict teacher.”

“…yeah.”

“Is something wrong?”

“No. I’m just tired.”

“It’s been a few days since we’ve gone into the Distortion. You can’t be tired.” Yamaguchi redirected her gaze to the ground, continuing to kick a small rock.

Tanaka gave a half-hearted shrug. He felt his cellphone buzz in his pocket, which startled the male. He pulled it out and checked who was calling or messaging him, and realized he received a text from Raku.

“Who is it?” queried a nosy Yamaguchi.

“Raku.”

“What’d she say?”

Tanaka read the message quietly to himself.

To: Tanaka

From: Raku

Message: Did you see Teddy today?

He replied back, texting and walking at the same time.

To: Raku

From: Tanaka

Message: I’m not too sure. Did something happen?

Yamaguchi tried to peer over her brother’s shoulder to read his texts, and Tanaka nudged her away.

“Let me guess, you two are already going out—”

“No.”

Raku replied almost instantly.

To: Tanaka

From: Raku

Message: He hasn’t returned to his house yet.

To: Raku

From: Tanaka

Message: Maybe he’s late. If he still doesn’t return home, I’ll investigate.