Chapter 22

It took two years to build the new home. The twin girls slept in Cordelia and Pierce's room while the new house was being built. The twins just celebrated their birthday. They grew fast and were just as tall as Olivia even though she was eight and they were five.

Cordelia and Pierce still used their old home as a gathering place for big dinners and such with friends because that dining room was bigger and Genevieve's old bedroom was still their main library but in their new home, they had much more room than they did in the old house.

They had six bedrooms. The smallest one was for a small library and Cordelia and Pierce decided that once those books were all read and done, they would take those back to the bigger library in their old house and get new books. The master bedroom with a bathroom was Cordelia's and Pierce's. Luka got his own room because he was seventeen and since Olivia was getting older too, she had her own room. The boys shared their room together. Because even though Cordelia and Pierce offered them for each other their own rooms, they said no. And same with Rosalia, Amethyst, and Leah. So they made sure that their room was one of the biggest so they didn't feel cramped. And there was two more bathrooms. One was between Luka's and the triplet boys' rooms. And one between the girls' rooms.

"Mom? Is this our new home?" Leah asked as they finally got settled into the new home. "Yep, baby. This our new home." She told her. Amethyst stood next to Leah, holding her hand. Leah and Amethyst never left each other's side. If one wasn't there when the other turned around, they'd freak out and start crying until they were together again. Cordelia and Pierce thought they'd eventually grow out of it since they were five now but they hadn't yet.

Pierce had a small office next to the dining room built and he was in there, finishing up a call. He walked out into the living room where everyone else was. "Hey, babe. I have to go on a business trip. To the Dark Horse pack. Think you will be able to watch seven kids by yourself?" He asked as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. Cordelia shrugged. "Yeah. It'll be fine. They all go to class in the morning five days a week anyways. So." She shrugged again. "When do you leave?" She asked. "Tonight. They want me there ASAP."

Cordelia nodded and he went to their bedroom and started getting stuff together. "Dad?" Luka asked as he walked up to the door. "Yeah?" Pierce asked. "Can I go with you?" He asked. Pierce looked up at Luka. "I know I'm not your biological son. And I know that I might not be the next alpha and I get Rose'll be the next alpha. But I'd still like to go. I just feel like we don't spend enough time together like we used to. I'll get all my homework today if need be and -"

"Luka." Pierce said, stoping what he was doing and interrupting Luka. "If I was going by genes, yes, technically Rosalia would be the next alpha after I step down or die. But I took you in as my son. Right? And since you are my oldest child, you will become alpha. So if your want to come with me then, okay. You can come with me and maybe learn something about what being alpha is like."

Luka nodded. "Thanks, dad." He said. Pierce smiled at Luka. "Now go get your stuff, kid. And you're homework. Because we're going on a business trip."

The end