Chapter 16

Cordelia decided to take the triplets and Olivia around the pack and try to get them out of the house while Pierce tried to talk to Luka.

"Are you sure you can talk to him?" Cordelia asked him. Pierce nodded. "Yeah. I can try." Pierce said. Cordelia nodded. "Okay, then. I'll see you soon. Mind link me if things go south and I can take the four to Kaden's and be on over." Cordelia told him and kissed his cheek, which had beard stubble on it. Cordelia liked it when Pierce had some type of beard. Whether it was stubble or a little longer. But Pierce didn't like it and tried to shave every other day. Which annoyed Cordelia.

Cordelia ushered the triplets and Olivia out of the house and Pierce walked back into the boys' bedroom and opened the door. "Hey, Luka." Pierce said as he fully opened the door. Luka was drawing something on his sketch pad Cordelia and Pierce got him to help him cope with his nightmares. He looked up and closed his sketch pad before reaching down and sliding it under his bed.

"What, dad?" He asked in a harsh tone before straightening himself from his position of laying on his stomach to sitting. Pierce opened his mouth to tell his son not to speak to him that way but closed it, deciding it wasn't worth it right now. He sighed and walked over and sat on Luka's bed. Luka scooted away slightly. Pierce tried looking him in the eye, but Luka avoided his gaze. "Luka?" Pierce asked. But Luka didn't look up at his father. "Luka Valentino. Please look at me when I'm trying to talk to you." Pierce said sternly.

Luka looked up at Pierce. "So. Your mom told you about how we met." Pierce sighed. Luka nodded. "I just want you to know, Luka, that what I did to your mother was wrong. I admit that. I admit how I first treated her wasn't what I should have. But obviously, you see I've changed. I never raised a hand or tried to be mean to your mother or you and your siblings, have I?" Pierce asked. Luka shook his head no. "Right. But I just want you to know, is that I'm not perfect. No one is perfect. I've made mistakes. Many, many horrible mistakes. But I swear that I would never do what I did to her again or do it to any of you."

Pierce ruffled Luka's hair and Luka smiled. Pierce smiled back but his smile faded. His chest lowly ached all of a sudden and he didn't understand why. "Are you okay, dad?" Luka asked. Pierce rubbed his palm over his chest. "Heart attack?" Luka asked. Pierce shook his head no. "No. No. Not a heart attack. But I just feel achy all of a sudden." Pierce said. Luka thought for a second. "Maybe it's mom. I learned in school that mates feel each other's emotions sometimes. Or mates know when they're feeling happy or sad or in great amount of stress because the other feels the same. Try mind linking to her and see if she answers."

Pierce nodded but before he could try, Cordelia already did.

Pierce! Pierce. Get to the pack hospital now! Bring Luka.

Pierce blinked a few times. Get to the pack hospital, he thought to himself. Why?

Why what's wrong?

It's Olivia. An unknown wolf came up to us and I tried to scare him away. But he was too fast. He tried attacking Rosalia but Olivia got in front of her. Olivia won't wake up. She's bleeding fairly bad.

Pierce gulped and looked up at Luka. "We need to go. Come on." Pierce pulled him out of bed, out of the room, and out of the house and toward the pack hospital. "Dad. I can't breathe." Luka said. Pierce looked back at Luka. Pierce and Cordelia found out that Luka had imprinted on Olivia and sometimes when one imprints on a younger werewolf, they can faintly feel the other's pain or emotions. Kind of like mates but not as strong.

"Come on, Luka. We're almost there." Pierce said. Luka followed but his body was tense. He all of a sudden had a rush of pain down his spine and he was feeling dizzy.

They got to the hospital and they were greeted by the crying triplets. They all were talking at once. "Hey. One at a time. Where's your mother and sister?" Pierce asked. They led him and Luka to the room where Olivia was and Cordelia was hovering over the bed and crying.

Luka's breathing stopped completely when he saw his little sister's body. She was covered in blood and bruises and her breathing was short and shallow.

There was a scream and he didn't know where it was coming from. But then he realized it was from him and he started to fall because his knees buckled under him. But Pierce caught him. "Liv!" He cried out. He covered his mouth as tears fell. "It wasn't a good idea to bring you." Pierce mumbled as he held Luka back from Olivia's bed.

Luka cried and screamed out Olivia's name, trying to get her to wake up and look at him. Just to look up at him once to let him know she was going to be okay. But she didn't. She didn't move other than her chest rapidly moving.

Pierce eventually got him to sit in a chair and had the triplets sit on him so he wasn't able to get up and Pierce walked up to the bed and held the sobbing Cordelia close. "I'm a horrible mother. I couldn't protect her." She sobbed. Pierce cooed. "Whoever did this.. I swear on my life, if their alpha doesn't do something, I'll personally kill them myself." Pierce hissed.

Rosalia and Mekhi were both in tears but Blaze was trying to keep his cool and help soothe Luka. "Don't cry, Luka. Don't cry." Blaze said and tried wiping his older brother's tears away. But Luka couldn't. He just kept looking at Olivia. He couldn't peel his eyes off her body. But the more he looked, the more he cried. His head was blank and his body was numb but the only thing on his mind was Olivia. He wished it was him who was attacked and in that bed and not Olivia.

The pack doctor came in. He looked over Olivia and tried to do multiple things to help the healing process. "Is she going to be okay?" Pierce asked. The doctor nodded. "No vital organs were injured. But we do need to fix her chest bone and a few of her rips so that they would heal properly. Two of her ribs are broken and there's a small fracture in her chest bone. Her ankle broke but not bad. Her ankle will heal in the next three or four days. The bruises will be gone hopefully by tomorrow and now the bleeding has stopped, the cuts and wounds will probably be healed by the time her ankle heals and her chest and ribs will be starting to fully heal by then. But she's going to need to stay here so I can keep an eye on her just to see if the wounds start bleeding again and so they don't get infected while healing."

Just then, Olivia moaned and opened the one eye that wasn't swollen. "Oh, baby." Cordelia cried. "Hey, princess. Mommy and daddy is here." Pierce cooed. Olivia moved her head. "Luka? Where's Luka? I want.. I want Luka." She said in a hoarse whisper. The triplets moved off him and he walked over to the bed. "Oh, Liv. Liv, I'm so sorry." Luka cried. "I'm so sorry, Liv. Only if.. Only if I was there." He whispered and kneeled next to the bed. Pierce led Cordelia and the triplets out of the room to give Olivia and Luka a minute and the doctor followed.

"Only if it were me in this bed and not you. If I was there.." Luka said. Olivia tried to give a positive smile to Luka. "I'm fine." She said. "No you're not. You got attacked. If I ever find out who did this.. dad won't be able to kill them. He'd have to pull me off their mangled body." Luka cried. Olivia giggled but it hurt her chest and it turned into a cough.

"Luka?" Olivia asked. He looked at her. "Yeah?" He asked. "I... I would've.. done the same thing... if it.. were you." She said. Luka shushed her. "Don't say that. I wouldn't have let you put your life out there for me." He told her. She reached for his hand. "Then.. then I won't let you do it either." She said.

For a six year old, Olivia had a big vocabulary and knew how to use it. She was way smarter than people thought. Instead of being in the 1st grade level like a human child, Olivia was currently in the 4th grade level and soon was going to go to the 5th grade level.

Olivia closed her one eye. "Liv?" Luka asked. "I'm.. I'm fine." She mumbled. "Just tired." She said. "And in pain." She sighed. Luka forced a chuckle. "I bet." He teased. She smiled lightly. "Luka?" She asked. "Hmm?" Luka asked. "Just know I love you. More than anything." She said before falling asleep. Luka rubbed a thumb over her hand. "I love you, too. More than anything." He whispered. "More than anything