Chapter 6

Luka groaned from sleep and turned over and practically landed on top of a body. "Woah. K." Luka said, scooting over and opened his eyes to see Olivia, wide eyed and smiling up at him. "Hey, Liv. Happy birthday." He said, laying his head back down on the pillow. "I am six now!" Olivia giggled. "Yeah. You are." Luka said, laying on his back and pulling her onto his chest.

Blaze and Mekhi woke up and attempted to get out of their cribs. Blaze fell over the side of the crib while Mekhi gracefully landed to his feet before running away. Blaze started to cry. Luka sighed, sitting up and setting Olivia down on the bed before getting up and walking over to Blaze. "I've gotta talk to mom and dad about getting ya'll big boy beds." He mumbled before picking up Blaze and cooing him until he calmed down. "What hurts?" He asked. "My hand." Blaze popped out his bottom lip and raising his right hand. "Well maybe if ya'll didn't try climbing out of your cribs, you wouldn't be hurt, now would you?" Luka asked while massaging Blaze's hand. "No." Blaze sniffled.

After a minute, Luka set him on his feet and Blaze trudged out of the bedroom. "Always trying to hurt themselves, those two." Luka said and crawled back next to Olivia. "We have to Blaze and Mekhi proof the home." Olivia said. Luka burst out laughing. "You, of all people, I would think would be the last one to say something like that." Luka smiled and pulled Olivia onto his lap. "Well it's true." Olivia said and sprawled over his lap.

Cordelia came into the bedroom with a small gift box in her hands. Seconds later, Pierce came in. "Hey, Liv. We got you something." Cordelia said as she sat on the end of the bed and handed Olivia the small gift box. Olivia untied the bow and opened the box to see a charm bracelet inside. It was made of gold and it had several different charms on it like a heart, a snowflake and a crown. "Thanks mommy and daddy!" Olivia cried and hugged the both of them before she slipped the bracelet on. "Once you start growing, Liv, the bracelet will be able to expand. See?" Cordelia said as she reached over and lightly tugged on the bracelet to where it clicked and expanded. "And you'll be able to add more charms." Cordelia snapped it back into place where it fit Olivia's small wrist.

Olivia gave them both hugs again. "What do you want for your birthday breakfast?" Pierce asked her as him and Cordelia stood up. "Pancakes!" Olivia sang. "Pancakes! Pancakes! Pancakes!" Olivia chanted. Everyone in the room laughed. "Okay, princess." Pierce said as him and Cordelia exited.

"Hey, Liv. I have something for you. Close your eyes." Luka said. She did so and Luka reached under his pillow for the necklace he made for Olivia. It wasn't much or as fancy as the bracelet their parents had gotten her. It was just a small amethyst stone he found down near a lake one night when he couldn't sleep and he made a small hole on the top of it to snake through a thin but sturdy chain.

Luka unclasped the back of it and gently put it around Olivia's neck. "There." He said as he clasped it again and leaned back from her. Olivia opened her eyes and reached up to her neck and saw the amethyst stone. "I love it!" She said and gave Luka a big hug. "Thank you Luka!" She said. "Mommy! Daddy!" Olivia called from the room as she jumped down and sprinted out of the room to show them.

Luka slid out of bed and walked out into the living room to see Olivia on Pierce's lap, showing him the new present she got for her birthday. "That's beautiful, Liv." Pierce smiled down at his daughter. Olivia looked over and smiled at Luka. "Luka gave me it." She told Pierce. Pierce looked up at Luka. "Where'd you find the stone?" He asked Luka. Luka shrugged. "I went for a walk one night and found that. I thought since she like the color purple, I'd give it to her." Luka blushed and looked away. "That's sweet of you, Luka." Pierce said. "I'm never taking it off!" Olivia said and jumped off Pierce's lap to go into the kitchen to help Cordelia the best she could.

Luka watched her run into the kitchen. "She's something, isn't she?" Pierce asked Luka. Luka nodded. "She is. But that's why we love her." Luka said.

Olivia walked out of the kitchen to the living room with a plate of pancakes. "That's a lot of pancakes, Liv." Pierce said when she set the plate of pancakes down. There was at least 3 pancakes on the plate. "I know." She said and shoved a bite of pancake into her mouth. She kept shoving pancake into her mouth until it was all gone.

Luka raised an eyebrow at her. "You must have a black hole for a stomach, Liv." He chuckled. Olivia nodded and took her plate and fork back into the kitchen before coming back out ten seconds later. "I do. Whatever a black hole is." She said and ran over to Luka and reached up to him. "What do you want?" Luka asked, acting clueless. She grunted, standing on her tip toes to reach him. "What?" He asked again. "Big girls use their words."

Olivia groaned again. "Can you pick me up please?" She asked. "Yes. I can." Luka said and picked up Olivia. Olivia was a tall girl for six years old. But she was still short enough to not be able to help her brothers and sister out of their cribs without the both of them toppling over. Cordelia and Pierce were going to get them big kid beds as soon as they could. But for the mean time, they still slept in cribs.

"Let's go for a walk." Olivia said to Luka. Luka chuckled. "Well I don't think you'd want to go for a walk in your pajamas." Luka said, lightly tugging on her nightgown. Olivia shook her head no and Luka set her down. "Well go take a shower and get dressed and daddy and I will take you for a walk." Luka told her. Olivia nodded and ran into her bedroom to get clothes.